Nikon Z* mirrorless

But can it take photos of a kid on a zip line coming towards you using a 35 1.4 @ 1.4 @ 10fps and nail pretty much every shot on the eyes?
Maybe he doesn't need it to take shots like that ;)

TBH one member posted a series of photos of their dog running towards them at full pelt and it pretty much nailed every one. I found it impressive, and surprising tbh as I didn't think the AF was as good as that (y)

went out with the z6 for the first time down the local river to check/test took a couple of shots and tried to look at them pic came up then went away again then the control
panel would go blank pressed the button on top of camera and came back on the off again straight away same with the screen so packed up went home to phone camera world which I had just got it from but tested it again in house and all works as it should there might have been some user error rather than the camera has anyone else had the same problem

went out with the z6 for the first time down the local river to check/test took a couple of shots and tried to look at them pic came up then went away again then the control
panel would go blank pressed the button on top of camera and came back on the off again straight away same with the screen so packed up went home to phone camera world which I had just got it from but tested it again in house and all works as it should there might have been some user error rather than the camera has anyone else had the same problem
Try blowing on the eye sensor in the viewfinder. Always blocks up - the tiniest spec or hair will stop it working. Rally needs a sensitivity adjuster.

Don’t think it’s faulty. Sound like the default playback settings.

How long before the photo went off? I've found the Z7 goes to sleep much faster than other cameras I've used by default.

Don’t think it’s faulty. Sound like the default playback settings.
yes I think it was my fault had it in a bag on my bike so thought I had damaged it in some way did not change any settings when I got home and all good will just have to get to know the camera a bit better thanks for the reply

How long before the photo went off? I've found the Z7 goes to sleep much faster than other cameras I've used by default.
instantly seems fine now thought it might have been the cold maybe mist on the viewfinder don't no properly user error

Try blowing on the eye sensor in the viewfinder. Always blocks up - the tiniest spec or hair will stop it working. Rally needs a sensitivity adjuster.
sorry did not see your post think you hit the nail on the head I had a lot dog/cat hair in the bag they cat get everywhere :)

But can it take photos of a kid on a zip line coming towards you using a 35 1.4 @ 1.4 @ 10fps and nail pretty much every shot on the eyes?
No but that’s an extreme scenario and difficult for a D850 let alone a Z camera.

Maybe he doesn't need it to take shots like that ;)

TBH one member posted a series of photos of their dog running towards them at full pelt and it pretty much nailed every one. I found it impressive, and surprising tbh as I didn't think the AF was as good as that (y)

That member was me and I still have the sequence if anyone is interested :) I like shooting action and for me, the Z6 is a vast improvement over the D750.

After reading all the Nikon Z range feedback I've've decided that now is the right time to join the Nikon Z6 community. Once the XQD card and reader has arrived I'll be able to complete the firmware upgrade, move on to familiarizing and some test shots.

I look forward to participating in the lively discussions.

Knew I could rely on you lol I’ll await your feedback
OK, just tested, can't see anything mind blowingly obvious tbh, but that's just focusing on things around the lounge. Maybe you see more of a difference with tracking, but in terms of acquisition I'm not seeing anything obvious on the Z7. Sometimes I think it might be, but then I don't know if that's in my head, but again even if it is it's nothing obvious.

OK, just tested, can't see anything mind blowingly obvious tbh, but that's just focusing on things around the lounge. Maybe you see more of a difference with tracking, but in terms of acquisition I'm not seeing anything obvious on the Z7. Sometimes I think it might be, but then I don't know if that's in my head, but again even if it is it's nothing obvious.

Day off today then lol

Just picked up my Z50 twin lens kit, out of interest i tried the adapter and Sigma 100-400 only in the shop as it is raining, as far as i could tell it worked well.

Just picked up my Z50 twin lens kit, out of interest i tried the adapter and Sigma 100-400 only in the shop as it is raining, as far as i could tell it worked well.

I am really interested to see how you get on with the camera and in particular the 16-50 lens.... Enjoy.

I am really interested to see how you get on with the camera and in particular the 16-50 lens.... Enjoy.

Hope the rain stops soon, they have promised rain until Sunday

Don't post that on here. He's a wedding photographer using a single slot camera.... o_O

It’s okay, he’s got 4 Z6s I think. It doesn’t matter if he loses a few images. Plenty of other shots on the other cards. No need for dual slots :p

Last edited:
looking forward to seeing some pics

any thoughts on this bought a z50mm f1:8 from Grays of Westminster on Wednesday not knowing it was not in stalk phoned and was told should be in stalk at the end of the week still no sign of being dispatched but £323 has been taking from my bank account should I cancel and buy else where

any thoughts on this bought a z50mm f1:8 from Grays of Westminster on Wednesday not knowing it was not in stalk phoned and was told should be in stalk at the end of the week still no sign of being dispatched but £323 has been taking from my bank account should I cancel and buy else where
I would speak to them first. Depends on when they will have stock, how the price compares with other UK dealers who have it in stock, and how quickly you need it.

I assume you mean stock ;) I bought mine from there no issue, but if you're not happy and want to get one quicker elsewhere then I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue getting a refund, but obviously contact them first.

I would speak to them first. Depends on when they will have stock, how the price compares with other UK dealers who have it in stock, and how quickly you need it.
just not happy they took the cash out of my bank account knowing they did not have stock don't need it as I have an other system I can use but would like it asap ( new toy )

I assume you mean stock ;) I bought mine from there no issue, but if you're not happy and want to get one quicker elsewhere then I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue getting a refund, but obviously contact them first.
yes mean stock :) I'm dyslexic and find it hard to post but find this forum very good I'm just slow in answering usually get someone to type for me have to rely on predictive text can get really funny with some of my replies :giggle: how do you find the 50 I'm liking the z6 but still thinking should have got the z7

Back