Nikon Z* mirrorless

just ordered the z85s1:8 from camera world £599 still thinking about the 14-30 at £945 from the sane place nice price or just wait for the price to come down got the wide angle covered with the 850 and nikon16-35 f4 and the Nikon 20mm f1-8 which I will probably `keep

just ordered the z85s1:8 from camera world £599 still thinking about the 14-30 at £945 from the sane place nice price or just wait for the price to come down got the wide angle covered with the 850 and nikon16-35 f4 and the Nikon 20mm f1-8 which I will probably `keep
£599 sounds a great price (y)

Just ordered the FTZ lens adapter, i see it has a tripod mounting thread on the bottom,i never use a tripod but i do use a Black Rapid sport strap, will be using it with a Sigma 100-400 at 1160 grams do you think the FTZ construction will be strong enough to use the tripod mount for the strap.

Just ordered the FTZ lens adapter, i see it has a tripod mounting thread on the bottom,i never use a tripod but i do use a Black Rapid sport strap, will be using it with a Sigma 100-400 at 1160 grams do you think the FTZ construction will be strong enough to use the tripod mount for the strap.
Don't know but I'd hope so. It's designed to take any Nikon lens, that includes the big tele primes so you'd hope it's pretty sturdy.

Don't know but I'd hope so. It's designed to take any Nikon lens, that includes the big tele primes so you'd hope it's pretty sturdy.

That was my thinking but then I thought those lenses most likely have a tripod foot so I just started questioning it in my mind.

I should think it would hold.

I would still use the lens foot for the strap. Better balanced and probably safer.

It doesn't come with one its an ebay jobby China special and its nicer to hold without

I use the same lens with a Peak Design Slide strap and a Z6 and I let it hang from the body only...I'm sure if you attach one point to the FTZ it won't be a problem.

I've never had a dog but I'd love one, the sad fact is that with my/our lives as they are there's no way me and Mrs WW can have one.
That’s a shame. We’re lucky and can be flexible so the dog is never without company for long.

The FTZ is a hefty piece of kit for a lens adapter as it has all sorts of gubbins (technical term) in it.

Most of my time is taken looking after someone so a pet of any sort would be next to impossible.

Mrs WW had 5 dogs and sadly reduced to one over time then he also passed. All I've had is goldfish :D

Last edited:
You can't have too many dog pictures :D

Or cats IMO ... I know there's some cat-haters on this forum but screw them. We lost 2 this year, we had one for 10yr and the other 6.5 ... she just left us a few weeks back. Trust me, when you have them that long they are every bit as important to a family as any dog. They were very much pet/indoor mostly cats, in fact one of them behaved more like a pup than a cat :D I like dogs too, other people's at least :D They're more work and I'm lazy. But I can appreciate any nice looking animal really

And that certainly is a cute little puppy :)

An ex of mine had two cats with completely different personalities. One of them would play outside in the garden with me like a dog would until she got bored and just turned her back or walked away as cats will. I think in some ways they became more my cats than hers.

I was trying to remember where I had seen that dog before .....

5ad57e159e63682bad906c12d7c4b53c.jpg

Or cats IMO ... I know there's some cat-haters on this forum but screw them. We lost 2 this year, we had one for 10yr and the other 6.5 ... she just left us a few weeks back. Trust me, when you have them that long they are every bit as important to a family as any dog. They were very much pet/indoor mostly cats, in fact one of them behaved more like a pup than a cat :D I like dogs too, other people's at least :D They're more work and I'm lazy. But I can appreciate any nice looking animal really

And that certainly is a cute little puppy :)
Sorry to hear that, we lost our cat last year, very sad indeed. We also lost our beloved Staffie about 3 months ago as well, both losses are heartbreaking but we are an 'animal' family and can't be without our furry companions.
I was trying to remember where I had seen that dog before .....

5ad57e159e63682bad906c12d7c4b53c.jpg
Wrong type of dog ;)

Here’s one at 14mm on the Z6 from our recent trip to London

Here's one (also at Southwark Cathedral), at 14mm but this time with the lens wide open at F4, hand held. Excuse the blown highlights, but with the sun streaming through the windows, it was difficult to control the contrast.

and a final one at 14mm and F5 - this was at the Warner Brothers Studio tours (the making of Harry Potter) at Leavesden in North London. Not the greatest of lighting conditions.

Last edited:
and a final one at 14mm and F5 - this was at the Warner Brothers Studio tours (the making of Harry Potter) at Leavesden in North London. Not the greatest of lighting conditions.

Are you walking round in crowds like this all the time? I was supposed to be taking my gf there. But shuffling around in crowds :cautious:

Last edited:
That was at the very entrance to the attraction, so they tend to herd you in like cattle. However once you go though the doors into the great hall, it's much larger and it thins out and give you much more opportunities to find that shot etc. It's always very busy, but it's such a large attraction that in the 3 times I've been with the wife, we've never not seen what we want or got right to the barriers of a particular feature with any difficulties.

TBH, the busiest section is the restaurant which is pretty large but finding a seat is usually quite tricky. It is a great day out though if you like Harry Potter.

Last edited:
Hi guys, owning a Z6 and Z7, I want to further develop the quality of my video work, so am starting to think about Gimbals. There are so many makes and types around (and I know nothing about them at all), so could do with some advice please ?

What's the best model for a starter based on price / performance ratio, that will handle a Z body say with the 24-70 F4 or 14-30 F4 lenses please ?

Camera World have bettered Grays by £50. The Z6, FTZ and 24-70 bundle is £1750 there.

Last edited:
Just scored a new Z 50mm f1.8 for £269 delivered from SRS Microsystems. They'd discounted the winter light price by around another 10%, and I won one of their social media photo competitions last month which gave me a further £50 off it. Only problem is that they're out of stock just now. Hopefully it will come before Christmas.

Cheers,

Simon.

Just scored a new Z 50mm f1.8 for £269 delivered from SRS Microsystems. They'd discounted the winter light price by around another 10%, and I won one of their social media photo competitions last month which gave me a further £50 off it. Only problem is that they're out of stock just now. Hopefully it will come before Christmas.

Cheers,

Simon.
Result, superb lens and a 'bargain' at that price. I paid £295 for mine which I thought was a good price.

Result, superb lens and a 'bargain' at that price. I paid £295 for mine which I thought was a good price.

Wish id grabbed one then, didn’t think they’d put it up to £329. Thought it’d stay at £315. Missed it by a few days. Can get it for £309 currently. Not worth worrying about the extra £15 now. Except I’ve got the silly idea of trying out Sony, don’t know why I feel like I’m missing out. Can’t get my head around the focus modes in comparison to the Nikon modes. Just GAS and think I need to try one for a little.

Back