Nikon Z* mirrorless

Sorry; my eyesight isn't what it once was, I'm struggling to see how many gold stars there are by your beautiful Liver bird avatar. Is it five? Or maybe six? ;) :banana:
Thanks for noticing, it is six, but it may need to be adjusted again soon. ;) Not sure I thought I would ever be adjusting the silver stars. :)

I have the 14-30 24-70 and the 50mm zeds and think they are very good looking forward to reviews for the 85 might have to sell some other f mount lenses lol
Sharper than a sharp thing. And I don’t say this lightly it trades blows with the Nikon 105 1.4 for sharpness and that’s saying something. I suspect the Z 105 1.8 (when it comes out) will surpass its F mount cousin.
https://photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-z-85mm-f1-8-s

Thanks for noticing, it is six, but it may need to be adjusted again soon. ;) Not sure I thought I would ever be adjusting the silver stars. :)
I thought after last season it was never going to happen, but we could now win it without playing another game :oops: :$ I’m hoping City lose either tomorrow or at the weekend so that we have the chance of winning the title at Goodison ;)

Last edited:

I'm still in a weird state of denial, and refuse to accept that what just about everyone else feels is is now inevitable, is at all 'real'. And it's like being a kid just before Christmas; you know what you're getting, you can even see your presents on top of your parents' wardrobe when you sneak a peek in their room, but you just can't get your hands on it. Not just yet....

I thought after last season it was never going to happen, but we could now win it without playing another game :oops: :$ I’m hoping City lose either tomorrow or at the weekend so that we have the chance of winning the title at Goodison ;)

That would be lovely. Either there or at the Etihad...

Last edited:
Yeah, design is a very personal and important part.

Tbh moving from Nikon DSLR to Nikon mirrorless took some adapting, even though some buttons and dials felt very familiar.

I don't think it's really that important IF the pros outweigh that only con, it just takes some people longer to get used to a new camera. I'd place AF and IQ way ahead of ergonomics. Pinky dangles or it doesn't... Meh.

Last edited:
I'm still in a weird state of denial, and refuse to accept that what just about everyone else feels is is now inevitable, is at all 'real'. And it's like being a kid just before Christmas; you know what you're getting, you can even see your presents on top of your parents' wardrobe when you sneak a peek in their room, but you just can't get your hands on it. Not just yet....

That would be lovely. Either there or at the Etihad...
I just want it to happen before they have to play in an empty stadium :oops: :$

I was 13 when we last won it, this will mean so much more. But whilst it seems inevitable to everyone else I still won’t be 100% confident until the points are in the bag :runaway:

I don't think it's really that important IF the pros outweigh that only con, it just takes some people longer to get used to a new camera. I'd place AF and IQ way ahead of ergonomics. Pinky dangles or it doesn't... Meh.
When your hands are knackered ergonomics are more vital ;)

Can I ask why? I bought mine just a few weeks ago, but already, it's one lens I will NOT be getting rid of, whilst I have a Z mount camera! It's just stunning. I did a nerdy comparison test with a 50mm f1.4G, a f1.8D, and an old f1.8Ai, and it's just in another league. The f1.4G was the weakest. That got sold on straight away. Gone.

I love the Nikon Z6 but I’ve recently injured my shoulder and waiting an mri scan and physio and I’m struggling with the weight as the lenses aren’t exactly small. The 50mm is the least used with the 24-70 and 85mm 1.8 g used the most so I’m keeping these.

I’ve picked up a Fuji x100f to use whilst I get sorted hence the sale of the 50mm.

Wish mine was. :( E-Infin are letting me down for the first time.
I did not need mine right away but just decide to get it tomorrow get some practice in before I visit my granddaughter in two weeks she is 8 weeks old I paid £709 for it was E-Infin much
cheaper

I did not need mine right away but just decide to get it tomorrow get some practice in before I visit my granddaughter in two weeks she is 8 weeks old I paid £709 for it was E-Infin much
cheaper

I’ve had the tab open for an 85mm Z on e-infin for the last few weeks! It’s £599 there at the moment, but by the sounds of it someone above isn’t having a good experience with them? I’ve bought a couple of lenses from them before and they’ve been great!

cheaper
I presume yours was Amazon. I considered them, but mine was £622.

I’ve had the tab open for an 85mm Z on e-infin for the last few weeks! It’s £599 there at the moment, but by the sounds of it someone above isn’t having a good experience with them? I’ve bought a couple of lenses from them before and they’ve been great!
Normally they’re good. This is the first slow(ish) experience.

Normally they’re good. This is the first slow(ish) experience.
I ordered one about 8 weeks ago from camera world for £599 but as soon as I order it it was out of stock so canceled it

I love the Nikon Z6 but I’ve recently injured my shoulder and waiting an mri scan and physio and I’m struggling with the weight as the lenses aren’t exactly small. The 50mm is the least used with the 24-70 and 85mm 1.8 g used the most so I’m keeping these.

Fair enough if you're not using it. Mind, I don't use my 70-200 much, but I'm definitely not selling that.

I've had me eye on the 85mm prices for a while. I bought my 50 when it was £349 from John Lewis, back in January. 2 days later it went back up to £539. Well chuffed. I'm hoping the 85mm will have a similar sale period at some stage; I'd rather buy from someone like JL than an overseas grey importer. It is currently £709 at JL though, which I think is as cheap as it's been there.

HI guys, quick question. Would you believe I'm only just getting around to setting up the user "U" modes on the Z6 and Z7 and am struggling with just one point.

I want to have (for example) one user set (U1) for general photos, so Aperture Priority, Manual ISO, Single point AF, AF-S, standard picture control, single shot drive mode etc.

Then for U2 I want my bird photography set so: Shutter Priority, Auto ISO, AF Dynamic area, AF-C, Neutral picture control, extended (high) drive mode.

Everything works well and I can flick from one to another by just turning the dial, however, I've noticed whilst everything seems to stick, the drive mode doesn't. If I set single shot mode in U1 and save the preset, then flick to U2, it stays on single shot mode. If I then set this to extended (high) and save that set as U2, then flick back to U1, the drive mode stays at Extended (HIgh) ?

All it says in the user manual is this:

The following cannot be saved to U1, U2 or U3.
  • Storage folder
  • Choose image area
  • Manage picture control
  • Multiple exposure
  • Interval Timer Shooting
  • Time-Lapse mode
  • Focus Shift Shooting
As you can see if mentions nothing about drive modes ? Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a limitation of the User preset modes ?

Last edited:
I just want it to happen before they have to play in an empty stadium :oops: :$

I was 13 when we last won it, this will mean so much more. But whilst it seems inevitable to everyone else I still won’t be 100% confident until the points are in the bag :runaway:

Premier league will likely be cancelled with no winner declared for this season.

There is always next year Liverpool. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That seems fair only a few points ahead[emoji849]

They have lost 4 in 6.

Kicked out of the Champions league by a poor Athletico side.

No guarantee they would win it any more. :ROFLMAO:

Bottled is as usual didn't even need a Gerard slip this time. :ROFLMAO:

They have lost 4 in 6.

Kicked out of the Champions league by a poor Athletico side.

No guarantee they would win it any more. :ROFLMAO:

Bottled is as usual didn't even need a Gerard slip this time. :ROFLMAO:
City will lose at least two more games before the season's out so we'd win it even if we didn't win another game ;)

TBF we played really well against Athletico, just didn't get the rub of the green, missed chances and a world class performance from their Goalie. We should have put the tie to bed in normal time easily.

I think they're going to have to declare the season winner and positions one way or another otherwise there'll be no Champions League or Europa next year and they can't afford to let that happen, it's probably footy's biggest money spinner.

City will lose at least two more games before the season's out so we'd win it even if we didn't win another game ;)

TBF we played really well against Athletico, just didn't get the rub of the green, missed chances and a world class performance from their Goalie. We should have put the tie to bed in normal time easily.

I think they're going to have to declare the season winner and positions one way or another otherwise there'll be no Champions League or Europa next year and they can't afford to let that happen, it's probably footy's biggest money spinner.

Have your read the premier league rules? Clearly says if the season is not completed everything is reset to zero no winners no relegation.

Have your read the premier league rules? Clearly says if the season is not completed everything is reset to zero no winners no relegation.
But this is unprecedented and so they may decide to amend the rules. Who knows, I don't have a crystal ball but at the end of the day as hugely disappointing as it would be if they did cancel and call it null and void there are more important things to worry about.

This. The Euros can go, they don't make much money, relatively. But the PL, the CL etc, they are multi-billion pound industries. People need paying; contracts have to be honoured. I think the season will resume, but at a later date, and it will obviously have to run on longer.

No guarantee they would win it any more.

Don't be stupid. They're currently 25 points clear, with 6 points needed to secure the title. Regardless of their current lack of form, they'd still win sufficient games. Holding onto the gleeful notion that Liverpool could be denied the title, is just sad and pathetic. Nobody who loves football would want such a thing to happen.

This. The Euros can go, they don't make much money, relatively. But the PL, the CL etc, they are multi-billion pound industries. People need paying; contracts have to be honoured. I think the season will resume, but at a later date, and it will obviously have to run on longer.

Don't be stupid. They're currently 25 points clear, with 6 points needed to secure the title. Regardless of their current lack of form, they'd still win sufficient games. Holding onto the gleeful notion that Liverpool could be denied the title, is just sad and pathetic. Nobody who loves football would want such a thing to happen.

Just wait and see they deserve nothing just a load of blood doping cheats. :ROFLMAO:

Bitter, much?

Also looking forward to seeing how many points are deducted after the investigation into how they stole City’s scouting reports is completed.

Bitter, absolutely! Hate absolutely everything they stand for.

I want to have (for example) one user set (U1) for general photos, so Aperture Priority, Manual ISO, Single point AF, AF-S, standard picture control, single shot drive mode etc.

I have a couple of U settings, one for B+W @ 1600 ISO, another for Colour @100 ISO etc for quick switching if I need to for rapidly changing situations.

And another with full auto Programme mode, auto ISO etc. I'm clever, me.

There's an idiot mode marked in green, which does exactly that. :ROFLMAO:

I have a couple of U settings, one for B+W @ 1600 ISO, another for Colour @100 ISO etc for quick switching if I need to for rapidly changing situations.

And another with full auto Programme mode, auto ISO etc. I'm clever, me.

There's an idiot mode marked in green, which does exactly that. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for moving conversation back onto the more wholesome topic than that round(?) ball thing :ROFLMAO:

Now if Coronavirus could stop delaying everything I want to get my hands on that 24-200 Z!

Thank you for moving conversation back onto the more wholesome topic than that round(?) ball thing :ROFLMAO:

Now if Coronavirus could stop delaying everything I want to get my hands on that 24-200 Z!

Well as Mark Lawrenson would say; 'there's a village missing an idiot...' ;)

Will this current crisis mean prices of stuff start to rocket? I doubt there'll be any bargains, if supply is restricted.

I think it will go the other way.
No one will spend. Hard times for many companies and employees.

Back