Nikon Z* mirrorless

I got bad news about my Z6, the on/off switch needs to be replaced, Nikon France don't have any in stock so they got to wait for a part from nikon Japan i guess, no time frame was given which I understand could be weeks away but..........
Panamoz have came up trumps, they are willing to replace my Z6 with a new one once I have the old one back in my hands..
Really can't fault this service from panamoz [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I got bad news about my Z6, the on/off switch needs to be replaced, Nikon France don't have any in stock so they got to wait for a part from nikon Japan i guess, no time frame was given which I understand could be weeks away but..........
Panamoz have came up trumps, they are willing to replace my Z6 with a new one once I have the old one back in my hands..
Really can't fault this service from panamoz [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Didn't somebody else's need replacing recently?

That's impressive, especially considering how long you've had it. I'd be surprised if you got that service from any UK distributer.

Didn't somebody else's need replacing recently?
Me probably lol I did post a week or so ago about the switch.

That's impressive, especially considering how long you've had it. I'd be surprised if you got that service from any UK distributer.
Really cant fault them.

Just ordered my new 85mm f/1.8 z :)

haven't had much time for my Z6 of late as a sudden hard drive death meant time spent recreating my life with the priority on music as I didn't make backups for newer versions of old works for over a month in most cases for some bizarre reason. Only one outing of photos completely lost though with probably at best half a dozen keepers. So nothing of real concern. As I was in the Ardeche region of France with its famous caves a month or so ago, thought I'd just post a couple of examples

DSC_2660.jpg

DSC_2662.jpg

there are some more (and other snaps from the holiday which are mainly of family interest) here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQwgpCJ

Anyone thinking of ordering the 70-200mm f2.8 S, amazon.co.uk has just dropped the price by £100. Currently none in stock but you can order/pre order at this price. Currently it's priced at £2299

Anyone thinking of ordering the 70-200mm f2.8 S, amazon.co.uk has just dropped the price by £100. Currently none in stock but you can order/pre order at this price. Currently it's priced at £2299
I am thinking about it but I will be ordering from panamoz like normal, As I believe the ones on amazon are grey but without the 3 Yr warranty. From the images I have seen its meant to be razer sharp

hi
just wondering if anybody was using a Z6 with the 200-500 for avation photography & how it copes

andy

From what I can see on specs it’s less than 100g lighter than the FL version and same 77mm filter thread is it worth the extra over that with FTZ?

From what I can see on specs it’s less than 100g lighter than the FL version and same 77mm filter thread is it worth the extra over that with FTZ?
To go from the FL version to the Z mount might not be worth it but from any other version it might be. There's more than just weight improvements.
I have the VRII version and might be tempted a little further down the line.

Last edited:
.... guy in the 2nd looks gigantic.

Thanks - Open jacket into the wind, a bit of Wide-angle lens, foreground perspective distortion I reckon (he doesn't look that gigantic in the Full size image)

Last edited:
Well I joined the club today, managed to get a second hand one with 100 on the shutter count with FTZ and XQD card for £1950 which seemed a good buy?
2nd hand what Z6 or Z7?

Is it possible to use your finger on the touch screen to move the focus spot around when using the EVF?

Does anyone own the 24-200mm? I am thinking of getting one but I already have the 24-70mm, which is a nice lens. The 24-200mm would seem ideal to take as a single landscape lens when camping to keep weight down a little. How does it compare with the 24-70mm for IQ? I have been using the 70-300mm VR with the FTZ, which works well but is a little heavy (it seemed really heavy when I realised I’d forgotten to take the FTZ last week :D). For days when I just take out my camera gear, I’d probably just use it for the longer end and use the 24-70mm for anything up to that.

Does anyone own the 24-200mm? I am thinking of getting one but I already have the 24-70mm, which is a nice lens. The 24-200mm would seem ideal to take as a single landscape lens when camping to keep weight down a little. How does it compare with the 24-70mm for IQ? I have been using the 70-300mm VR with the FTZ, which works well but is a little heavy (it seemed really heavy when I realised I’d forgotten to take the FTZ last week :D). For days when I just take out my camera gear, I’d probably just use it for the longer end and use the 24-70mm for anything up to that.
Had it. Great lens - almost up to the IQ of the 24-70 f4. IS is very good. Main downside is the steep minimum aperture curve.

I’ve got one in my shopping cart if that helps, still waiting to actually pull the trigger!

I’m in the same boat though. I really like the 24-70 f/4, but would love an all-in-one option that is so small. I’ve got fast primes and a 150-600 for when I want a ‘proper’ setup, but the 24-200 would just be so versatile, and looks great.

I have one and I like it. Especially in good light.
My impression is that 180mm is slightly sharper than 200mm so I tend to stick to 180 ish at the long end.

Here are a few from gloomy Windermere last week.
all are taken at 200mm. The last 2 have been cropped to approx. 1:1.
Just standard LR processing. All handheld.
For some reason I used a shutter speed of 125 on the slowly moving boat and 200 on the static subjects.

Hand cleanse (1 of 1) by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Fully masked (1 of 1) by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Hand cleanse 1-1 (1 of 1) by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Last edited:
As regards cf. 24-70 my impression is 24-70 is slightly sharper and of course F4 is usefeul.
However, I've not used it since I got the 24-200.

Have you jumped off the Nikon ship Stephen?
Afraid so Peter. Nothing to do with dissatisfaction with Nikon per se, just an acceptance that the side effects from my cancer treatments have left me somewhat weakened, and it was a chore carrying my Nikon kit, even though in the scheme of things it's not too heavy. The body is fine - it's the lenses which add weight and bulk.
I've gone Sony, but not the bigger stuff. I initially bought an A6000 and a couple of lenses to test the water, and I found it very acceptable. So I added an A6500 (with IBIS) and a few Sigma prime lenses. Sold all my Nikon gear to MPB, who gave me an acceptable price, and now I have a camera system which I can comfortably carry about with me and still suits my type of photography.

Thanks all, especially for the sample images... it does look sharp and definitely fits the brief. I’ve just sold my Tamron 24-70 g2 too so I think I will pull the trigger.

I asked Panamoz if they would swap my defective Z6 unit for a new one as there was no time stamp on it being repaired, old one sent yesterday and new one now en route, estimate 21st I'll have it.
Strange how using my D750 in the waiting gap is so different and now I realise how easy it is to use the Z6 compared to the D750, or is it just me [emoji848]

Back