Nikon Z* mirrorless

I hope you guys can help me decide - I'm loving my new Zf camera and would like to get a nice little lens for it - Some small lens with character.
I only have 40/2 SE and 24-70/4 zoom at this moment, but I prefer small lens. Even if its MF.
That is why I was looking at Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 VM II, or Voigtlander 50 APO Z. Or should I look into old AIS lens? Or some E or G to mount on FTZ?
I wanted 58G, but it's hard to find a nice copy that doesn't have that front edge battered, plus with FTZ adapter it would be huge and front heavy. Plus would be an amazaing lens with character, great for portraits etc - thats all I know from reading on internet as I never had this one before.
But again, I'm after some nice little lens, always loved my Voigtlanders on Sony (even I had all VM on it).
Amongst other manual focus lenses, I have two 35mm. One is, like @trevorbray , the Artralab, and the other a Nikon E f2.5 on an adapter. Both excellent lenses but with different characteristics. The Artralab, being native Z mount, is physically smaller than the Nikon with its adapter. Hard to say which I prefer. But the Zf seems to be built for manual focussing, and primes rather than larger zooms.

But the Zf seems to be built for manual focussing, and primes rather than larger zooms
my problem is that as things stand, I'm tending to use the Df for manual focussing of legacy lenses which is a particular strength of that camera (and AF of older D AF lenses which don't AF on the Z). If I didn't have the Df, the Zf would be even more tempting. But of course I haven't yet ruled it out....

I wish Nikon and Cosina would start producing more lens for Zf, Z mount FF Voigtlanders and Nikon SE compact series. Plus release Sigma with i-series on Z :D
Then I'll be happy.

Well currently Voigtlander offer 15mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm and 75mm in FF Nikon Z.
No doubt the 21mm will find its way over to Nikon fairly soon.

Well currently Voigtlander offer 15mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm and 75mm in FF Nikon Z.
No doubt the 21mm will find its way over to Nikon fairly soon.
I hope so!
Question is, which one they gonna do - f3.5 Color Skopar is best choice I think, however f1.4 is popular too.

Back