nine images from the faroe islands

#6 especially, good set.(y)
Pretty mega set.

6 for me.
4 & 6 for me.
1 for me, with 8 a close second. That's a really nice set.
I like 7, but 8 is the pick of the set for me.
Great set. No 8 with No 6 a close second for me.
#8 for me.
Nice set and some stunning scenery. Number 8 is a cracker.
you had better weather than I did when I went!! love the images, brings back great memories... fabulous location

thanks for your kind words!! it really is a dream destination for anybody with an interest in photography - the ever changing conditions and concentration of wonderful scenery in such a small geographic area. the real challenge, i guess, is to find something original - although there's nothing wrong with standing in those "famous" spots, they're famous for the breathtaking opportunities they offer, after all.

although there's nothing wrong with standing in those "famous" spots, they're famous for the breathtaking opportunities they offer, after all.
They may be famous spots but they are lesser seen famous spots, not like in the UK.
Agree, the Faroe's would be right up my street.
Lovely set of pictures, 3, 8 and 9 are the stand out pictures for me. I suspect you'll have a few more gems sitting on cards.

A very nice set of images I love how bold you went with 3 with 8 being a great vista and I can see what apeals to Scott in 9

#1 would work very well in black and white, I think that's an option for a lot of these actually. Not that keen on 3 and 4 and I think you could bring a bit more drama out in 6, 8 and 9. Speaking of 8, wonderful view and composition, really excellent and the standout for me but it needs levelling - the horizon line is definitely wonky. Very nice set though.

6, 7, 8 getting better and better in that order for me. Really nice to see some shots on here from somewhere different and nice to see your own take on it rather than the usual shots.

Quite a few wall hangers in that set, very well done. Love the processing too, very subtle and lets the landscapes speak for themselves

thanks!!! it was hard to resist the temptation to go wild with the sliders!!!

They may be famous spots but they are lesser seen famous spots, not like in the UK.
Agree, the Faroe's would be right up my street.
Lovely set of pictures, 3, 8 and 9 are the stand out pictures for me. I suspect you'll have a few more gems sitting on cards.

yeah, there are quite a few more images on the SD cards, waiting to be processed, with a few from the traditional spots!!!

Image 8 for me, lovely.
thanks

A very nice set of images I love how bold you went with 3 with 8 being a great vista and I can see what apeals to Scott in 9

thanks, i think the silhouette of the trollfinger worked quite well, wasn't the shot i was expecting to get from the location but it always seems more satisfying when you adapt and shoot with the conditions

Brilliant set, you've got some crackers in there. 6 and 8 are my favourites. It looks like such an amazing location.

it certainly is an amazing little place, ideal photography trip really

#1 would work very well in black and white, I think that's an option for a lot of these actually. Not that keen on 3 and 4 and I think you could bring a bit more drama out in 6, 8 and 9. Speaking of 8, wonderful view and composition, really excellent and the standout for me but it needs levelling - the horizon line is definitely wonky. Very nice set though.

haha, thanks - i could have sworn I'd corrected for the horizon, software glitch ;-)

6, 7, 8 getting better and better in that order for me. Really nice to see some shots on here from somewhere different and nice to see your own take on it rather than the usual shots.

thanks, although i did still take some of "those" locations too!!!

Number 8 for me!

i struggle with the Faroes because of their whale drives, but it does look beautiful
Stuck between 1 and 8. Amazing photos, a place on my 'to go' list, alas I'll have to wait until the child is older

what an amazing looking place !!

No 8 for me

cheers!!!

Back