Nitehawk Hide or Alternative

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Both look good value to me, but not sure how they will stand up to a lot of use. - Cheap way to try it out though!

I use a 'SIMON KING' hide, which is well made and well thought out and includes a floor level opening for low level shots....it's around £170 though. - I have used it regularly for 2 years now and it still works well.

https://www.simonkingwildlife.com/s...dcraft/the-simon-king-ultimate-wildlife-hide/

Think about the size of the window openings and whether they can be partially opened like the Simon king one.
If not, wildlife will see you in the tent.
You may need some scrim netting.
I bought a 3mx2m scrim net and use that as a hide.
It covers me and my tripod etc no problem.
I can also hang it from/drape over branches etc to provide cover.
Can be used in positions where a tent hide would be impractical.

Last edited:
I use a NiteHawk hide, although it is a little different to the one in the link. Mine has a folding chair inside. It is obviously a budget hide, if you keep that in mind, it will serve you well. It is a little flimsy although it has stood up to whatever I've thrown at it well. One of the pins did come out of one of the joints of the chair, on my hide, they are a rivet type thing, like pins with flattened ends. When I get around to it, I will be replacing them with m3 bolts and nyloc nuts. There is plenty of space in mine, only last week, I used it and had my tripod, DSLR, a 300 prime lens and my bag all inside, as well as myself of course. I managed a dawn 'til dusk stint in it on that day without too much discomfort but I was happy to get out at the end but that's the same for any pop up hide I suppose.

As for longevity, I don't know, it's only recently that I've really started to push mine but so far, so good.

It's not heavy but I wouldn't want to carry it for miles, it goes in a bag over my shoulder, I could probably manage a mile or 2 with it. Saying that, the places I go are not all that far from my car.

For the money, you can't go wrong in my opinion, I don't think it will last forever but it will help you decide if it's worth upgrading. I'll use mine until it dies, then just get another.

Edit, this is mine. There are smaller 'windows' within the bigger ones with zippers that can be closed enough to just have your lens hood poking through. I usually leave a little space around the sides of the lens hood so that I can see what is going on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitehawk-Pop-Up-Hunting-Blind-Chair/dp/B00B9F0ONI

Last edited:
Back