No Drink Driving - PLEASE!

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
This happened right outside our living room last night, in our garden (no more than 10 feet away). The driver was as 'drunk as a skunk' - I don't think I need to say more!

I should hasten to add, we live within a 30mph zone. As he pushed a vehicle on the other side of the road into another vehicle 20 feet away (creating considerable damage to the 2nd stationary vehicle) I dread to think what speed he was doing.

Pansy_3_20181221-DSC_3921.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Pansy_6_20181221-DSC_3924.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Pansy_9_20181221-DSC_3927.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Pansy_1_20181221-DSC_3919.jpg by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Can it be repaired? The fence I mean.

Repaired, renewed. Easy.... did I need all this on the Friday before Christmas?

Well at least he is insured so you will be able to claim off him.

Let's hope so. Some Companies have been known nullify/cancel insurance if there's a serious and flagrant violation of driving 'rules'.

Good grief, you were lucky it didn't damage your house.

Dave

The car had a ladder on the roof - if the twit is self employed good luck with that now. No sympathy. Glad you're ok - no innocent casualties I hope?

Good grief, you were lucky it didn't damage your house.

Dave

Yep... thank goodness the fence posts were sound - a lot of the energy was absorbed by the vehicles he struck before turning over!

The car had a ladder on the roof - if the twit is self employed good luck with that now. No sympathy. Glad you're ok - no innocent casualties I hope?

Only from the fight after the event.... the police have charged him with ABH too! You really had to be there - not something we'd like to experience ever again :(

Repaired, renewed. Easy.... did I need all this on the Friday before Christmas?

Let's hope so. Some Companies have been known nullify/cancel insurance if there's a serious and flagrant violation of driving 'rules'.

The insurance company will pay out for third parties, they may refuse to pay for any vehicle repairs for the insured, though i doubt that thing was fully comp!

The insurance company will pay out for third parties, they may refuse to pay for any vehicle repairs for the insured, though i doubt that thing was fully comp!
Good to know (if you're a thrid party)

That model was well and truly gone by 2009.

Sadly the OPs property (wall etc) is damaged and garden will be a mess.

I never was well up on cars... ;)

Yes, the OP does not want all this mess, especially this time of the year.

Did the emergency services turn up quickly ?

I'm a HGV driver , Saw last night 2 accidents , 1 AMG Mercades, 2 a BMW M3 both destroyd at roundabouts and why ?

Speed !!! and probably drink . DOH !

That model was well and truly gone by 2009.

Sadly the OPs property (wall etc) is damaged and garden will be a mess.

Yep, pretty much the case!

I never was well up on cars... ;)

Yes, the OP does not want all this mess, especially this time of the year.

Mrs. Chuckles was not at all happy (nor me)

Did the emergency services turn up quickly ?

Fairly, but not quick enough to stop the fighting from an alcohol induced, one man, fighting Army!

Quite a scene to behold - the Police charged him with, amongst other things, ABH and Drunk Driving! They fairly threw the back at him.

I also live in one of those 30 (90) mph zones.
Nobody gives a s*** as long as they catch the people doing 22 in the 20 zone near the school on the other side of the village all is good.

Annoying isn't it?

Time for a local campaign methinks.... there have been four serious accidents in five years - 2x roll-overs, another into the fence/boundary of our neighbour and yet another no more than 250 yards from this with a write-off out of a junction (the Police never even performed a breathalyser).

Similar thing happened 18months ago outside our house, drunk driver, insurance company paid out quickly. Fortunately nobody hurt, possibly because it was at 11:30 at night, but our road is so busy with cars and pedestrians at all times it was a minor miracle.
Hopefully yours will also be sorted quickly and fairly.

Why are we still having to tell people not to drink and drive..... I hope a judge punishes him accordingly.

Glad you’re not hurt, yes you don’t need it right now but let the insurance company deal with the details.

That was Santa's car. Why everyone leaves him a glass of whisky I cannot understand. It is a miracle he manages to complete his rounds every year. He must have had a back up....

An update....

The guy was apprehended and they threw the book at him!

18 month driving ban, 18 month Community service, £1500 court costs and £500 damages awarded against him for the assualt charge. Oh, and we get our fence fixed :)

Back