No, eBay seller, just no!

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
What is it with this age restricted / verification crap that's staring to appear on ebay?

I bought a spare vape tank, off ebay, paid with PP
then I get a message from the seller, asking me to log on via a smart phone so I could send them an image of me to prove I'm over 18,
No, just No.
Why not say right at the beginning that is what I would have to do? now I'm gonna have to fight ( no doubt) to get a refund.
I will not log on to strange websites via anything let alone a phone and send any details.

Besides its easy enough to send an image from someone else's, phone plus vape tanks do not contain any nicotine.
They are just empty glass tubes.

What is it with this age restricted / verification crap that's staring to appear on ebay?

Had a similar problem with Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Bought a kitchen knife through them and as part of the "we've despatched your item" note, I was told I had to sign for it (might have posted the tale in the WAMT thread, thinking about it!) due to it being an age related item.
Mrs Nod had a PITA one as well. The retailer wouldn't allow her parcel to be left in a safe place so we had to collect it from the other side of town. It was only a £20 shirt or skirt, not the sodding crown jewels!

I bought a spare vape tank, off ebay, paid with PP
then I get a message from the seller, asking me to log on via a smart phone so I could send them an image of me to prove I'm over 18,
No, just No.
Why not say right at the beginning that is what I would have to do? now I'm gonna have to fight ( no doubt) to get a refund.
I will not log on to strange websites via anything let alone a phone and send any details.

Besides its easy enough to send an image from someone else's, phone plus vape tanks do not contain any nicotine.
They are just empty glass tubes.

It's BS like this why I never use ebay. Why not just buy the tank from a proper vape site? When you log on to those they do as you to verify that you are over 18 [basically just trusting you to be honest] and you're good to go. I buy vape stuff from the UK all the time because the sites over here are muck. Never been asked to prove my DOB

a definite NO NO NO .. could be used for identity theft or anything afterwards

Had a similar problem with Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Bought a kitchen knife through them and as part of the "we've despatched your item" note, I was told I had to sign for it (might have posted the tale in the WAMT thread, thinking about it!) due to it being an age related item.
Mrs Nod had a PITA one as well. The retailer wouldn't allow her parcel to be left in a safe place so we had to collect it from the other side of town. It was only a £20 shirt or skirt, not the sodding crown jewels!
It is tied in with the rise in knife crime. The offensive Weapons Bill is set to make it illegal to send a knife ordered online to a domestic property, Not sure where it is on implementation, but the original draft included nearly all "bladed" objects so things like my wood turning chisels, replacement planes blades etc.

Why not just buy the tank from a proper vape site?
Price :D

It's BS like this why I never use ebay.
I bought the same items from Amazon, cheaper and next day delivery ( well hopefully that is today)

could be used for identity theft or anything afterwards
My thoughts exactly!
They are still sending me

IMPORTANT REMINDER - WE CANNOT SHIP YOUR GOODS WITHOUT THIS. YOU MAY HAVE RECEIVED A SHIPPED MESSAGE, BUT YOUR ORDER WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL YOU HAVE VERIFIED.

Even though I have requested a refund as there is no way I can or will comply with that.
I've sent them several messages direct and through the resolution center and they just reply with the above.

And after many requests to cancel, I now receive a final "warning" :LOL:

FINAL REMINDER - WE CANNOT SHIP YOUR GOODS WITHOUT THIS. IF YOU DO NOT VERIFY YOUR ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED.

Never been asked to prove my DOB
The crazy thing is, I've bought vape base and liquid nicotine @ 72mg ( I make my own vape juice) just recently without any of this crap!

If this is truly for age verification then a picture is not sufficient. I'd say you will speak to eBay regarding their verification methods which would probably result in their shop being banned and a fine. See if they ship then.

You could send them a picture of a beagle ;) :(

You could send them a picture of a beagle ;) :(
Id send them a picture of something if I was inclined to log on via a smart phone as they want me too ;)

You could always give up Vaping!!!!
And take up cigarettes? what a great idea thanks for the suggestion, I can buy those at my local supermarket (y)

get on to the e/bay helpline Chris , they will usually phone you back if there's a waiting time and tell them this does sound like a scam site

The crazy thing is, I've bought vape base and liquid nicotine @ 72mg ( I make my own vape juice) just recently without any of this crap!

Same here, I buy 72mg nic from the UK and never been asked to verify a thing. I did have to pretend I was a business though

get on to the e/bay helpline Chris , they will usually phone you back if there's a waiting time and tell them this does sound like a scam site
Refund just arrived Jeff I'll leave it there. scratch the seller and let someone else complain as well (y)

Every time I've bought vape products from Amazon, (even tanks etc), I've been notified by Amazon that I will need to show ID to the delivery driver. Most times theyve actually asked at the door....except the last time I was just handed it.

I've been notified by Amazon that I will need to show ID to the delivery driver.
Just turned up via Amazon, The drive was Eastern European, Asked for my date of birth, something a tad over 18 and he never questioned it.
TBH he has my name, address and (now fake) DoB anyone else see the dangers of this it just me?

And take up cigarettes? what a great idea thanks for the suggestion, I can buy those at my local supermarket (y)

You could always help your Lungs by not filling them with something that need not be there!!
#

You could always help your Lungs by not filling them with something that need not be there!!
#
You mean stop breathing?
Great idea (y)

#

You clearly do not get the reason people switch to vaping, maybe you're easily swayed by the scare mongering stories doing the rounds too? I'm vaping almost 7 years now and I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's saved my life. I was on inhalers and couldn't make it up a flight of stairs without almost collapsing because of smoking. Since I switched to the 97% safer [the proof is out there, do some actual research if you care so much] option those inhalers are long gone and I have stamina and cardio for days.

Nothing worse than a reformed smoker, so that would be me.
I packed up after 40 years, made my mind up and slung it in.

Bloody awful and felt rubbish for about a year, lungs ejected all manner of crap and hard going mentally too.
Never considered patches, electric fags or anything else, for me it was all or nothing.
That was five years ago now and never even think of smoking now, well worth the hardship.

each to there own, thankfully all the cancer stick burners now stand outside come rain or shine.
most places also turf out the steam cloud beasts.

I think you're just a trouble maker Chris. :beer:

each to there own, thankfully all the cancer stick burners now stand outside come rain or shine.
most places also turf out the steam cloud beasts.

Keep it that way too.

I never 'cloud' out anyone btw, I do my sub ohm vaping in the comfort of my non-judgmental home, and I MTL vape when out doors - more a stealthy option - so I don't get smokers who are coughing and spewing up half a lung staring at me funny because they're too thick to get alternatives.

Nothing worse than a reformed smoker, so that would be me.
I packed up after 40 years, made my mind up and slung it in.

Bloody awful and felt rubbish for about a year, lungs ejected all manner of crap and hard going mentally too.
Never considered patches, electric fags or anything else, for me it was all or nothing.
That was five years ago now and never even think of smoking now, well worth the hardship.

Good for you, some of us need a little more help. It's not a competition, unless it's one for goal of stupidest, but I smoked for 26 years, pretty hard too. I tried every option known to man to quit, and vaping is the only thing that did it. I think people who know little about it should step back a bit and realise that without it, more people would be dying of smoking related cancers. It is that simple.

I think you're just a trouble maker Chris. :beer:
It took you long enough Brian :D

I do my sub ohm vaping in the comfort of my non-judgmental home,
I never got on with Sub Ohm TBH.
Although I have an "Alien" I generally stick to the ego 510 & the clearomiser tanks.
Or my Winchester Pipe. ( at home with my feet up (y) )

Good for you, some of us need a little more help. It's not a competition, unless it's one for goal of stupidest, but I smoked for 26 years, pretty hard too. I tried every option known to man to quit, and vaping is the only thing that did it. I think people who know little about it should step back a bit and realise that without it, more people would be dying of smoking related cancers. It is that simple.

I know next to nothing about vaping, at the moment it appears to be less harmful than tobacco.
Maybe a bit early to tell if there any associated health issues, but on the face of it seems safer
Glad it worked for you, daresay others have benefitted too which can only be good

Do think it needs regulating in some form, important to know what chemicals are being used.
No doubt most production is undertaken in a safe environment using the proper ingredients.
Unfortunately currently nothing to stop some dodgy crew in Belarus bunging who knows what in

Last edited:
Unfortunately currently nothing to stop some dodgy crew in Belarus bunging who knows what in
The way around that is to mix your own,
BP Pure Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
USP Food Grade Propylene Glycol (PG)
flavorings there are no different from food flavorings
Plus pure (Liquid) nicotine if desired.
And that's it.

The way around that is to mix your own,
BP Pure Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
USP Food Grade Propylene Glycol (PG)
flavorings there are no different from food flavorings
Plus pure (Liquid) nicotine if desired.
And that's it.

Sounds like the poor mans Breaking Bad
If i'm going for the cook would rather it was a Bacon sandwich

I never got on with Sub Ohm TBH.
Although I have an "Alien" I generally stick to the ego 510 & the clearomiser tanks.
Or my Winchester Pipe. ( at home with my feet up (y) )

The Alien was actually one of my favorite mods. The early batches of them had dodgy paint that stripped very easily, I had to send my first one back, the replacement they sent was from the updated batches and I used it for 2 years without any hassles. No paint stripping, no faults, I still have it in fact.

I started out MTL vaping, started vaping on those crappy Smokegreen cig-a-likes. They were pricey to run as the batteries didn't last very long, and the pre-filled cartridges only gave you a few hours each. So I was ordering packs of cartridges weekly to keep going and spare batteries as back up and it was almost as expensive as smoking. Started doing research and found this whole new [kinda underground at the time] world with all kinds of mechs and batteries and atomizers. Still mouth to lung vaping for a while but after trying the Aspire Atlantis [one of the first sub ohm tanks] I had to have one. The first time I direct lung hit on a 0.5 ohm coil I near choked but once I got how to do it [hit it like an inhaler basically - straight to lung] I found it really pleasing. I build my own coils nowadays, I tend to build dual coils to in around 0.2 - 0.3ohm, and like I said I really only DL vape at home. Out and about I use a Caliburn pod system. The coils are 1.4 ohm I think, so no huge clouds or DL vaping, strictly mouth-to-lung more like a ciggy. I use 12mg nic in this, where I only do 3mg for my RTA sub ohm builds. Decent bit of kit the Caliburn, but battery life sucks so you'd want a couple of them if they were all you wanted to use. For me it's only for stealthier vapes on my break or when out walking.

I took this the day I decided to kick the smokes, had 6 left in a box and decided to crush them and take record of the moment as a kind of incentive to keep trying

Demon cig's be gone! by K G, on Flickr

I've no idea what that means another reality cooking programme?
I don't watch crap like that.

Me too (y)
But no cooking involved (y)

BB is one of the best series ever made, well IMHO at least. As for the bacon sandwich, surely you have to cook the bacon first?? :D

I cook and bake all the time, I enjoy it, just finished baking a pizza base there now and about to top it for later, there will be bacon involved :D

As for the bacon sandwich, surely you have to cook the bacon first?? :D
Is that where I'm going wrong? I thought it was a bit chewy :p

I cook and bake all the time, I enjoy it,
Me too actually, not that good with cakes, but make a mean flap jack, especially if I've been making Sloe gin.
The gin soaked sloes go in as the fruit ... not to (hic) bad :D

BB is one of the best series ever made,
I gave in and googled it. Doesn't really sound like my kind of thing tbh

The 510 ( 2200mAh) batteries are about 15 quid a pair and generally need scraping in 9- 12 months.
And give a couple of days vape before needing a charge.

The "tanks" as per the OP I just paid £11 for 5 with a coil in each. they'll last up to a year before they start to leak.
Replacement coils are about 8 quid for 10 and each lasts around a couple of weeks I think they are about 1.4 omh
And best at around 60pg / 40vg.
Its great for driving around, MTL, subtle too (y)

Is that where I'm going wrong? I thought it was a bit chewy :p

Me too actually, not that good with cakes, but make a mean flap jack, especially if I've been making Sloe gin.
The gin soaked sloes go in as the fruit ... not to (hic) bad :D

I gave in and googled it. Doesn't really sound like my kind of thing tbh

The 510 ( 2200mAh) batteries are about 15 quid a pair and generally need scraping in 9- 12 months.
And give a couple of days vape before needing a charge.

The "tanks" as per the OP I just paid £11 for 5 with a coil in each. they'll last up to a year before they start to leak.
Replacement coils are about 8 quid for 10 and each lasts around a couple of weeks I think they are about 1.4 omh
And best at around 60pg / 40vg.
Its great for driving around, MTL, subtle too (y)

Whatever works best and keeps you off the ol' stinkies. I was sub ohming on my breaks for a while but I found it was I who had to leave the smoking sheds as I was drowning everyone out with the clouds :D And when the smokers are moaning at you it feels a bit messed up. They would compliment the aroma though, I couldn't do same in return. Since I started vaping I realised how bad the stench of smoking can be. Even the smell of it off your clothes after being in the company of smokers can be over powering. So apart from being able to breathe comfortably without the aid of inhalers, not having sleep apnea anymore [this of course was also due to weight loss through dieting] , being able to walk or cycle miles without needing a rest and not feeling like I need to cough up balls of phlegm every now and then for no reason, I smell a lot better too :)

And when the smokers are moaning at you it feels a bit messed up.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So apart from being able to breathe comfortably without the aid of inhalers, not having sleep apnea anymore [this of course was also due to weight loss through dieting] , being able to walk or cycle miles without needing a rest and not feeling like I need to cough up balls of phlegm every now and then for no reason, I smell a lot better too :)
Excellent (y)

I'm still searching for the perfect vape ( is there such a thing?)
Day to day its triple menthol. But still trying to find something else as well.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Excellent (y)

I'm still searching for the perfect vape ( is there such a thing?)
Day to day its triple menthol. But still trying to find something else as well.

I crafted what I considered to be the perfect vape for me, and anyone who's tried it agrees it's a solid ADV - I named it 'Long gone day' - it's a peach and mango greek yoghurt cheesecake ice cream :D - I know, sounds a bit full on but it really is lush. Sadly, the mango that I used for it is really hard to get hold of, the peaches and cream is often out of stock too, so I haven't mixed it up in a while. If I could only ever have one e-liquid for the rest of my life it would be that. Lately I've just trying to make up something kinda close to it, so I vape a lot of Mango cheesecake or yoghurt. For the pods I buy cheap zero nic liquids from Eurosaver shops, €5 gets you a 50mm and I add the nic myself. Bubblegum atm, also got a strawberry lime one. They're nowhere near as good quality as my own mixed but in MTL pods they do just fine. I think they are 60/40, whereas in my tanks I use 80/20 - thicker VG liquids work better for sub ohm. I don't vape much menthol, it works better in the pods and I did mix up a mint choc at 12mg recently that's pleasant enough. But I'd not vape it every day.

Last edited:
Back