No Limits Club Bike Championships @ Oulton Park

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday I was at Oulton Park again for the first bike event of the year, the No Limits Club champs. Unfortunately there weren't enough programs so I don't have any details yet.

This guy ended up miles ahead of the opposition...

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-037.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

Didn't get many of this guy, but he's a brave guy to ride an S1000 RR as a rookie;

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-045.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

I love the reflection you can pick up from #70 when he's picking his line through a corner;

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-060.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-082.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

It's lonely on the side lines;

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-141.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-164.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

No-Limits-Club-Bike-Championship-168.jpg
by marksweb, on Flickr

Did you make it round the whole track , Druids is good for panning shots as you can get quite close so don't need the long lenses.

The bikes look quite small in the frame so I'm guessing you're using a kit lens but may be wrong.

The problem with photographing bikes is they're small and fast so to get the best results you need good equipment.

Some good angles but you need to slow the shutter speed down a bit to get some movement in the wheels

Thanks. I didn't make it up to Druids this time, we spent most of the time between Knickerbrook & Britten's, with a walk through the paddock to see how things differed from the setups at the GT event last week.

I was shooting with a 70-200 f4 L on a 7D mk2, which spent most of the day at the full 200mm.

I'm still not sure how to get the best from bikes. When doing any motorsport I stick to shutter priority & try to get the sharpest shots possible, so almost everything yesterday was shot around 1000th of a second without much panning. Maybe I should mix it up, slow the shutter & add some panned shots, given more time.

I shot the BSB last year mostly at 250th and was fairly happy, but didn't get as many keepers as I'd like, but maybe that was down to the focusing system on my old 300d!

Last edited:
Back