Noise Problems

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I have a query regarding processing images, up until now i have not printed any images but i want to, and i have noticed a problem with noise. I have mainly used Lightroom 5 for all my processing, but i have recently been trying Photoshop CC, i have been processing the same image in both programs for comparison, but when i open them in another program such as microsoft picture manager or other similar programs the photoshop image is clear and sharp but the lightroom image is really noisy, am i doing something wrong in lightroom?

Are you exporting the LR photos? the PP you apply in LR is non-destructive so the RAW never changes.

In PS you have to convert to a smart object for this to happen.

I would also recommend trying the Nik Software Dfine (which has recently become free), the NR in that seems very good.

Yes I export from lightroom into a folder, I have Dfine so will give it a try, thanks.

They sould be near enough the same if your applying the same processing, check theres no presets in LR that apply grain, also check the export size in case LR is exporting a smaller image.

Back