Critique Noodles on the boat

Name
Fabio
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently come back from Vietnam where I have been to visit some floating markets.

I have found this boat selling noodles soup...I quite like the light on the smoke coming out of the boiling bowl of noodles.

Something I don't like is that it is too noisy :(

Do you think this shot works ?

17120715372_4efaa8a728_h.jpg

I like them :)

Loved Vietnam! Amazing place.

I think the red vest (?) in the first shot draws the eye away from the subject and can't really be cropped out without removing context from the rest of the image, which is quite strong IMO. The second shot is great, love the framing of the subject and the context the shot gains from taking a few steps back. If anything, I'd make the second shot a little brighter but that's fiddling for the sake of it rather than because it's necessary, if you see what I mean.

I like them :)

Loved Vietnam! Amazing place.

Thanks! It is definitively a really cool place!

I think the red vest (?) in the first shot draws the eye away from the subject and can't really be cropped out without removing context from the rest of the image, which is quite strong IMO.

Good point...I might try to change the color of the red vest to see if it makes it better.

The second shot is great, love the framing of the subject and the context the shot gains from taking a few steps back. If anything, I'd make the second shot a little brighter but that's fiddling for the sake of it rather than because it's necessary, if you see what I mean.

I'm glad you like it..I will try to play with the brightness.

That's a great catch of the steam in the first image.

There's just enough to tell the story, hot food being prepared, can't tell it's the floating market.
Personally I'd have liked to see the person preparing the food as well.

The 2nd has a lot to commend itself it gives a more overall view of the sxene but the sunlight on the steam in the first is magical, just a shame about the red vest distraction. If it were my image I would be tempted to crop and lose the top third altogether, it adds little to the overall composition.

Personally I'd have liked to see the person preparing the food as well.

I know...it is a pity...I have other shots of the same scene but I haven't managed to get the face of the guy :(

That's a great catch of the steam in the first image.

Thanks!

just a shame about the red vest distraction. If it were my image I would be tempted to crop and lose the top third altogether, it adds little to the overall composition.

Agree..I will try to crop it out or maybe change its colour ?

Back