East Anglia Norfolk - Recomendations.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
I've lived in Norfolk all my life but sometimes I feel when your too close to a place you don't see it for its full potential. Has anyone got any locations in Norfolk / Suffolk they recommend?

Cromer, Sheringham, Blakeney. What sort of thing are you looking for?

Cromer, Sheringham, Blakeney. What sort of thing are you looking for?

Thanks Nick. Somewhere not coastal I guess. I tend to head to the coast as a safety net if I can't think of a location.

I like river walks with or without windmills

St Olaves
Manl Staith to Hardly Cross
Rockland Broard to the pub
Bramerton Common to Surlingham

spring to mind.

Castle Acre is good - castle ruins are free, Priory is English Heritage and The Ostrich Inn does good food :)
We visited Kings Lynn a while back and some of the older parts of the town are very pretty - some of the rest not so much :(

WEX :)

Inland you have Thurne, couple of mills there, Herringfleet mill just over the border, although a couple of sails missing, Brograve and Horsey mill, which now has all the sails back on. St Benets ruin.

Binham Priory NR21 0DQ

Inland you have Thurne, couple of mills there, Herringfleet mill just over the border, although a couple of sails missing, Brograve and Horsey mill, which now has all the sails back on. St Benets ruin.

Thanks Paul! Good to hear the sails are back on at Horsey, hopefully Herringfleet doesn't take as long as Horsey did!

Thanks Paul! Good to hear the sails are back on at Horsey, hopefully Herringfleet doesn't take as long as Horsey did!
I agree, although I thinks its only two sails missing so no idea what the issue is?

Being close by in Cambridge, I tend to head for the coast too when heading to Norfolk or Suffolk. I have seen some great photos of the windmills so need to add these to a list of places to visit.

I agree, although I thinks its only two sails missing so no idea what the issue is?

Looked like one of them had broken off when I went in August. Maybe the other was removed as a precaution? Hard to tell really but there’s still pictures to be had there, but no doubt it’s looking worse for wear

Back