Wild Norfolk Seals - 1st Jan 2016

Edit My Images
Yes
I took a nice long walk on our local beach yesterday to get some pictures of this year's Seals, I haven't been to see them for 4 years and I was amazed at the amount of people taking pictures with phones, it was such a nice day I guess it's not too surprising...

Anyway, here are a select few, the majority were taken at 200mm to ensure I kept my distance and did not disturb them, there were plenty of 'seal wardens' about ensuring nobody did (Alas the odd oink wasn't obeying the requirements :()

There are more on my Flickr if you want to have a look - Thanks

JI3A1356 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1295 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1026 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1100 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1241 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1346 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A1362 by TP DK, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

They are far too adorable to be able to pick favourites and flicking through to Flickr is more cuteness overload...:love::love:

This really is one trip I must do one day!

First one is awesome.

They are far too adorable to be able to pick favourites and flicking through to Flickr is more cuteness overload...:love::love:

I thought beached whale was more your thing.:exit:

Delightful and lovely set, thanks for sharing :)

I only have heard of and seen mention of Blakeney, is that where these were taken?

Excellent set DK (y).......6th is a great pose, I want to know what he/she had seen, that was so bad, they had to cover their eyes :D

Thnks T :)

I'm not sure where you live, but it is certainly worth a day out in my opinion (y)

First one is awesome.
Cheers Brash :)

I thought beached whale was more your thing.:exit:
:LOL:

Some great shots there.
Thank you Gary :)

Delightful and lovely set, thanks for sharing :)
Thank you... and welcome :)

I only have heard of and seen mention of Blakeney, is that where these were taken?
Ahhhh no, these were taken between Horsey & Winterton-On-Sea :)

Excellent set DK (y)
Cheers Phil :)

.......6th is a great pose, I want to know what he/she had seen, that was so bad, they had to cover their eyes :D
I think they heard @posiview was coming down to see them :whistle:

Another vote for #1 but all good :)
Cheers Gramps (y)

I must say, really appreciate tall the feedback :)

Thanks for the location feedback, certainly one for the must visit list :) are they resident all year round as I think the Blakeney ones are?

Nice, are these easy to find? do you just walk along the beach and find them?

I fancy a trip up there to see them :)

Cracking set Dean (y)
#2 especially, love the females expression in #5
as for #6, Yeah yeah :p

Thanks for the location feedback, certainly one for the must visit list :) are they resident all year round as I think the Blakeney ones are?
No not resident, they only come ashore for giving birth... the youngest pups are circa 3 weeks old so guess they will be around for a few more weeks :)

My selfies precede me :)

#1 for me, can't beat a seal doing sit ups :)

Cheers.
Ha Haaaa :D - thanks Andy

Fantastic set! (y)
Thank you :)

Nice, are these easy to find? do you just walk along the beach and find them?

I fancy a trip up there to see them :)
Drive to Winterton-On-Sea, park in the car park, walk on the beach and turn left, walk until you see them... possibly 15 minutes walk :)

Nice set.
Cheers :)

Cracking set Dean (y)
#2 especially, love the females expression in #5
Thanks Chris :)

They both certainly look content don't they
as for #6, Yeah yeah :p
:whistle:

Not just seals… but living seals!
Great moments, cool captures.

Love them Dean, I was over that way in late November just as the females were coming in to give birth, was wonderful defo coming back next year

I foresee a drive to the coast in my near future, I've never seen a seal in real life. How close to them can you go sensibly/sensitively?
Excellent excuse for a day out. Also, Wex is on the way, and I haven't seen the Norfolk Broads in ages either.

Very nice pictures, thanks for posting.

All great shots, #2 is my favourite :)
Thank you Sam :)

Lovely, first and last for me. .....
Cheers Harry :)

Love them Dean, I was over that way in late November just as the females were coming in to give birth, was wonderful defo coming back next year
Thank you Ingrid :) - Awwweeeee I wish I had popped down in November , it sure is worth a trip isn't it :)

I foresee a drive to the coast in my near future, I've never seen a seal in real life.
Certainly worth the trip (y)
How close to them can you go sensibly/sensitively?
That's a toughie... in my opinion you judge each one as they are situated, mostly you'd walk up to a rock, or a mound of sand so not approaching on open/level ground, I got to within 5 to 10 meters a lot of the time, the seal wardens will warn you if there are certain places to avoid.

I have a feeling you would notice if they felt threatened, especially with pups... but also I feel they are very comfortable with people around for some reason, the amount of seals coming back every year increases all the time, I think there were around 350 last year or a number around that :)

Excellent excuse for a day out. Also, Wex is on the way, and I haven't seen the Norfolk Broads in ages either.
Wex and wild Seals.... now THAT is what I call a good day :clap:

Very nice pictures, thanks for posting.
Thanks a lot :)

Love the first one and the 'face palm' one!
Thank you too - Gotta love the facepalm :D

Last edited:
Superb viewing. Agree with comments in first reply..too difficult to choose a favourite.

Back