Norsworthy Bridge, Dartmoor - in spring

I like this Jean, loving the shady, dappled look, well done.

That's nice Jean - no reason you can't also upload the alternative version. :)

I find myself reducing clarity more than adding it these days, most cameras and lenses offering almost excessive sharpness and contrast.

That's nice Jean - no reason you can't also upload the alternative version. :)

I find myself reducing clarity more than adding it these days, most cameras and lenses offering almost excessive sharpness and contrast.

Thank you very much for your comment Toni - and perhaps I will upload the 'softer' version, that sounds like a good idea (not tonight though as just going to bed).

I agree with what you say about clarity - I think in the past I upped it a little too much, whereas these days I'm usually more gentle with it, though I think I pushed the slider a little too much with this particular shot! ..........Really appreciate your comment and suggestions (y)

It looks as if the ingredients are here but light like this is always going to be difficult in woodland, it does bring the greens to life but causes bright spots where you don't want them, like next to the tree where it highlights an area where nothing is happening, and upper middle which takes your eyes out of the shot. Without knowing what's there it might be improved if you could feature a bit more of the tree as it's being cut off to the left, and maybe a bit more of the canopy. If it ever gets misty there it would be well worth visiting. A bit of negative clarity and dehaze often works better for woodland images

It looks as if the ingredients are here but light like this is always going to be difficult in woodland, it does bring the greens to life but causes bright spots where you don't want them, like next to the tree where it highlights an area where nothing is happening, and upper middle which takes your eyes out of the shot. Without knowing what's there it might be improved if you could feature a bit more of the tree as it's being cut off to the left, and maybe a bit more of the canopy. If it ever gets misty there it would be well worth visiting. A bit of negative clarity and dehaze often works better for woodland images

Thank you for your input Scirocco, I take all your helpful suggestions on board. Unfortunately, there is no more of the tree in the original file. I could probably do something with the highlight in the upper middle, though for this particular image it's probably not worth bothering with - but worth bearing in mind when I'm editing in future.
To be honest, I wouldn't have wanted more of the canopy in the picture as it was the bridge and river that I was focussing on in this shot, but thank you for your opinion and tips. Always appreciated.
I have already uploaded a smaller file of the same image with reduced clarity, which I think is an improvement. :)

Last edited:
Back