Non UK North Brittany Coast

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
We have a week in Brittany, just outside Dinan, for our summer holiday. Any insights into the north Brittany coastline for good seascapes?

I will do St Malo for sure, and will head over to Mont St Michel, but i would like to find some nice rocky shores. Google earth seems to suggest lots of Sandy coves along the north coast but is anyone familiar with the area west of St Malo?

The Atlantic coast looks about 2 hours drive away from where we will be so probably not practical, when having to tie in to be back for family duties!!

Thanks

Alan

Great place. I spent a few days in Dinan itself. There's a bit of beach just outside the village that's quite nice.

Petit Minou Lighthouse

Ploumanac'h Lighthouse

Kermorvan lighthouse

Chateau de Bretesch for something different to the sea. There's countless others.

Étretat in Normandy might push the miles a bit but an interesting bit of coast.

Last edited:
Great place. I spent a few days in Dinan itself. There's a bit of beach just outside the village that's quite nice.

Petit Minou Lighthouse

Ploumanac'h Lighthouse

Kermorvan lighthouse

Chateau de Bretesch for something different to the sea. There's countless others.

Étretat in Normandy might push the miles a bit but an interesting bit of coast.
Thanks Steve, there does look to be lots in the area, want to try and focus in a bit. I’ll explore these spots a bit for sure.

If you go to the Mont St Michel it's best to get their early, ideally as it opens, as it gets extremely crowded - I think it's the second most popular visitor attraction in France. Cancale (oyster farming port), a little to the east, is attractive and has excellent restaurants! A little further along to coast to Cherrieux and you will get very striking panoramas across to the Mont itself.

Been there to stay with friends and never ever want to go back. What put me off was we were staying in the countryside. One day along comes a farmer on a tractor with a small tanker on the back and emptied out the sewerage from the local houses. Next thing he was spreading the raw sewage over the fields opposite. if that is not enough to put you off eating anything in that region then I don't know what is. Couldn't wait to leave as soon as possible. The french are very inward looking as well, the local supermarket shelves were filled with French produce, not a single UK item to be seen.

Last edited:
Back