North England North East

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I've recently moved from West Yorkshire up to the North East, and whilst I am certainly enjoying access to some local beaches, I'm looking for advice or suggestions.
Being from the Pennines, I'm accustomed to moorland, hills, dales and the like, and NE seems quite flat / low lying in comparison and I'm struggling to adapt I guess.
I'm looking for local inspiration, maybe a camera club or meets or something? I'm in quite a rural village and restricted to buses, so can only leave the village after 7am and last bus home is 7pm (I'm like Cinderella hah hah!). Are there any online meets or groups that anyone could point me towards please? I had a bit of a look online, but my Google-Fu is lacking to say the least!
Any locals that know the in's & out's of the public transport system would be a true blessing! (Things like which ticket, pass etc to consider for widest travel range, best value etc...)

Whereabouts are you in the North East? If you're anywhere near the Metro system (from Sunderland to the South to Whitley Bay to the North of the region) you can get an all day pass reasonably cheap which will give you access to all buses, metros, the North-South Shields ferry and the odd train in the area. You're spoilt for choice for locations within that area, from beaches to riverside, architecture, monuments (Penshaw and the Angel Of The North) to various parks. A little further afield you've got Teesdale, with waterfalls, streams and countryside. I'm planning on moving back to the area next year after 30ish years down south and can't wait to get out and about to take advantage of what the area has to offer.

Hi mumbles, thanks for reply
I'm fairly close to Sunderland yes, will certainly look into the metro ticket, that sounds ideal!

That's where I''m originally from and will be moving back to next year.

Here's a link to the explorer ticket:

https://networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer/

£10.50 for the day and covers an even larger area than I thought, all the way from Berwick in the North, to Scarborough in the South and Carlisle to the West.

Back