North Wales last week

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of days in Anglesey with a few dashes to the mainland last week. The light wasn't great but I got round a few of the sights and got a couple of decent pics. I really enjoyed Anglesey and it reminded me of Skye where there are so many locations in a relatively small area but it takes 30-40 minutes travel between them. I'll definitely go back as soon as I can as I really want a good shot of the Church in the Sea. It was pitch black when I was there and the results are pretty flat.

God Rays by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Llanberis Lone Tree by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Church in the Sea by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Menai Bridge by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Penmon Lighthouse by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Llyn Ogwen by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good set and very productive for a couple of days, I rather like the church in the sea, the "flat" lighting gives it a sombre mood IMHO.

A couple of days in Anglesey with a few dashes to the mainland last week. The light wasn't great but I got round a few of the sights and got a couple of decent pics. I really enjoyed Anglesey and it reminded me of Skye where there are so many locations in a relatively small area but it takes 30-40 minutes travel between them. I'll definitely go back as soon as I can as I really want a good shot of the Church in the Sea. It was pitch black when I was there and the results are pretty flat.

God Rays by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Llanberis Lone Tree by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Church in the Sea by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Menai Bridge by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Llyn Ogwen by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

You get about!!

Love the first and the Penmon reflection shots a gem

Cheers All. I always tag on a day or two when I am away for Union or other business. AirBNB gave me digs for about 16 quid a night in Anglesey. Rude not too

The first is really good, but for some reason I like the Menai bridge one the most. I think it is because I love twilight. The time of day. Not the film, which I have never seen. Nor have i read the books. I expect you did not need to know that.

The Ogwen one is great too.

Back