North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Goathland

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Was taking the scenic route to Whitby at the weekend from the Moors Centre at Danby. This included driving through Goathland, and as we passed the station I just had to stop to get a few shots. Handheld, arse poking out (it's a narrow bridge for those who know it) as I leant on the bridge.

Honest crit welcomed and encouraged as always. I am thick skinned, so no need to be gentle. This isn't my usual sort of thing, so not sure how I've done with the processing or composition really.

I'm guessing the third probably doesn't work, and the viewpoint seems a little high on the second with the train being closer. :shrug:

#1 is spot on! (y)

Cheers Mike :)

I had a feeling this might not be the best section to post these in. Steam trains are a little slow for all you motorsport guys and this thread's almost off the bottom of the page with little more than 30 viewings.

Hey, cheers Matt :)

I thought this thread had crashed and burned!

Thanks too to JC and Ajax... I'm guessing by the avatar's that you guys keep an eye out for any steam train pics. :)

Number one looks really good, if anything, the only criticism I'd have of it is that the loco would need to be about 10 feet further forward to be framed by the signal.

Woah, loads more comments... cheers lads n lasses! :)

the loco would need to be about 10 feet further forward to be framed by the signal

I have a shot like this, but the steam from the engine masked most of the station and the back end of the carriages from the train in the other direction. Too much smoke, not enough train!

Woah, loads more comments... cheers lads n lasses! :)

I have a shot like this, but the steam from the engine masked most of the station and the back end of the carriages from the train in the other direction. Too much smoke, not enough train!

Ah, I wasn't too sure how it would look with the smoke falling on that side, but its an excellent shot all the same.

Back