Northern TP Massive Brimham Rocks Meet Photo Thread

Name
Rich Robson
Edit My Images
No
1 year on from our first meet and we returned to Brimham Rocks where it all began. It was great to have some regular members and also great to have some new guys in attendance, Dom, Steve, Phil & Mark.

Lets hope you guys can continue to meet up with us on a regular basis!!

I'll start off with a few of mine from the meet...

Moonlit Wire Wool Brimham Rocks by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Wire Wool Spin 2 by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Wire Wool Brimham Rocks by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Some spooky goings on at Brimham Rocks!!
Brimham Rocks Ghostly Goings On by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Moonlit Rocks With Star Trails by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Northern TP Massive Banner Rocks & Stars Colour by Rich Robson, on Flickr

We need to revisit to do this one again. Every pixelstick image was perfect apart from this one when it really mattered!! Iian letting the side down ;-)

And that bloody wirewool....... We need a battery next time rather than matches for sure !!!!

Almost Perfect ! by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Thanks for an enjoyable evening guys......

Great shots Rich, that lens flare through the moon really adds to the 'Catherine wheel' wire wool (y)

Last edited:
Great shots everyone :) Looks like you had a good night, I was worried the meet might have been rained off with the weather in the morning yesterday.

The creepy lady pixel stick image would look cool next to a Goth lady at Whitby Goth Weekend next week!

It was good to meet up with you all last night.

My shots are noway as good as these. First time all all that.

Good to meet you and Steve. Nothing wrong with your interpretations Phil ;-)

I was worried the meet might have been rained off with the weather in the morning yesterday.

The creepy lady pixel stick image would look cool next to a Goth lady at Whitby Goth Weekend next week!

Rained off? You're sounding like a southern jessie - I thought you Yorkshire types were made of stronger stuff

You can borrow the pixelstick but you'll have to come and collect it/bring it back afterwards Dan.

Thanks to all the guys for a great time last night.

Now the dark nights are upon us I think a trip to B&Q for some steel wool is imminent!

Good to meet you Dom :)....................make sure you get the stuff that lights! :D

And get some pictures up! ;)

And buy a pack of lighters!! :)

I tried to put some pictures in the last post but it wasn't working for me, I'll give it another go.

@Dom Wynter ......Agree with Iain, the 3rd is a belter Dom, different POV to the others that were took (y)........I now know what that red 'beady' light was doing off to my left :D

I have no idea why and I'm curious as to whether anyone else can notice it, on Flickr I can see quite a bit of detail in the shadows of the foreground rocks. On here the shadows look very dark with no detail, it definitely looks better on Flickr :confused:

@morfis .............That's got to be titled 'Beam me up Scottie' :D

nice images chaps. i have just managed to look through mine......

and more on flickr - clicky linky

Attachments

• Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_05.jpg
    Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_05.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_86.jpg
    Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_86.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_114.jpg
    Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_114.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_125.jpg
    Brimham_Rocks_October_2015_125.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 25
Any suggestions for a good firework display around the Leeds / Bradford area?

Roundhay Park usually has one on the fifth - can't say whether it's any good as I've never been (for photogrpahy I like the World Fireworks Championships in Blackpool and the Musical Fireworks Championships at Southport as you get more fireworks per evening!)

As mentioned the one at roundhay is the best one in leeds but can be a nightmare to get to because of the traffic. I have heard there is a decent one in Rothwell and there used to be one in Middleton woods. Might be worth checking the Leeds city council website.

Back