northumberland

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
3rd shot for me. I'd clone out the people in one or timed it so they were out the frame. I hate people in pictures, pathologically it must be said. I do like 2, but 3 without the sun works well. 4 the sun just dominates the shot which does work so well. 3 is a stunner.

No 5 is my favourite, for the pastel tones in the pebbles and sky, and good composition. No 6 almost gets me too, if you could have shot from slightly to the left so as not to have the bank obscuring part of the castle. The first ones don't quite get my vote due to the blown highlights in 1 and 4, and the composition in 2 and 3 doesn't quite work for me.
Looks like you had a good trip though, I must go up again sometime - I didn't do any photography the one time I went, and wish I had.

a great set of images no particular favourite but excellent work !

3rd shot for me. I'd clone out the people in one or timed it so they were out the frame. I hate people in pictures, pathologically it must be said. I do like 2, but 3 without the sun works well. 4 the sun just dominates the shot which does work so well. 3 is a stunner.

thanks! yeah, not normally a fan of specks of human in an image either, and did clone them out of the others (plus removed a couple of boats from 5), they didn't bother me that much in this for some reason - or maybe i was bored of editing.....

No 5 is my favourite, for the pastel tones in the pebbles and sky, and good composition. No 6 almost gets me too, if you could have shot from slightly to the left so as not to have the bank obscuring part of the castle. The first ones don't quite get my vote due to the blown highlights in 1 and 4, and the composition in 2 and 3 doesn't quite work for me.
Looks like you had a good trip though, I must go up again sometime - I didn't do any photography the one time I went, and wish I had.

:) this was as far left as i could get without some horrible storage sheds and tourist information booths lurking into view. i probably should have tried an image with them in shot and cloned them out with a massive tuft of grass or something!!!

a great set of images no particular favourite but excellent work !

thankyou, appreciate it

Nice set
The third is my fave and the fourth has good water action but I would prefer that without the sun in shot

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, reminds me of home, I am from Berwick and just love the coast down there. Aberdeenshire has a stunning coast too, but there is something magical about the North East of England's beaches and coast.

Back