Critique Norway Pano

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
I'm not a landscape shooter but sometimes during my outings in search of wildlife I come across some fantastic sceneries that I can't help but try. This was taken from a (rocking!) boat, consisting of four 35mm horizontal shots stitched in Lightroom. I'd appreciate any feedback, whether it's composition, crops, processing etc. TIA.

_DSC0445-Pano.jpg

I like it. The sky is not that great but I hope no-one suggests changing it.....:eek:. Bearing that in mind I would consider cropping some off the top to make a real pano (2.7:1) ; but I just letter box images.

Is it the Norwegian coast?. I saw lots of little skerries like that on my trip there, and they often had sea-eagles perched on top!

I like it. The sky is not that great but I hope no-one suggests changing it.....:eek:. Bearing that in mind I would consider cropping some off the top to make a real pano (2.7:1) ; but I just letter box images.

Is it the Norwegian coast?. I saw lots of little skerries like that on my trip there, and they often had sea-eagles perched on top!
Yes, Jerry. It’s west coast of Norway and was during my White-tailed Sea Eagle tour. Thanks for your suggestions.

I am sure this will look a lot better as a large panoramic print rather than a small electronic image. It is simply too small here to appreciate mountain details.

A tiny bit off of the top and slightly more water would possibly balance it slightly better. I don't normally suggest darkening the skies to unnatural levels but here some -30% soft gradient may look good. Or perhaps just -30% black point gradient to bring in more contrast.

I am sure this will look a lot better as a large panoramic print rather than a small electronic image. It is simply too small here to appreciate mountain details.

A tiny bit off of the top and slightly more water would possibly balance it slightly better. I don't normally suggest darkening the skies to unnatural levels but here some -30% soft gradient may look good. Or perhaps just -30% black point gradient to bring in more contrast.

Agree on the composition but maybe -5 to -10% on the graduation

Agree on the composition but maybe -5 to -10% on the graduation
Thanks guys. Loosing some of the sky definitely helped. Quite like @jerry12953's suggested 2.7:1 ratio. Can't have more water unfortunately as I lost some of it in a couple of frames cause the boat was rocking and didn't have the foresight. There is a reasonable of details though on the mountains as they were shot at f8 at 35mm.

Back