Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk:18 Crowd

Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely photo. Very pretty flower and lovely detail. I think the water droplets really make this photo

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Super duper flower pic!

Edit My Images
No
Open, nice. Very much my sort of photo, maybe increase the DOF slightly so the bottom of the flower is sharper. Love the extra detail of the water drops.

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
New - dry image works better.
Clean - looks like a well timed image, works for the theme and just enough motion captured in the brush.
Open - love this, nice to see a bit of blossom even if they are a bit early in flowering, lovely soft pink tones and the water droplets adds to the image.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Dominic,

New - I prefer the dry shot. Looks like you'll no go short for beans this year!
Clean - Nice shot. Perfect shutter speed. Nice framing too.
Open - Wow. That's a stunner! I'd say the new lens is a winner (y)

Edit My Images
Yes
New - great shot depicting the theme brilliantly. Nice colours too
Clean - good story telling of the theme
Open - stunning shot.

Lovely set of images so far.

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Thats lovely Dominic :D Good black bg and dof. Very delicate colours and the water drop add to the image for me. Just out of interest were they there or did you add them?

OP
OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk:4 Distant

After a failed attempt to get this weeks theme at the weekend, i've come up with this idea. Not having tried to photograph the stars before, i thought i'd give it a go. I didn't realize just how little light pollution can have a big impact on this sort of photography. I couldn't see (with the naked eye) any light in the distance, but it has shown up quite clearly in my photos. I've had real trouble trying to reduce it, especially where it was reflecting off of some thin low cloud.

untitled-63-2
by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
I don’t mind the light at the bottom but I think I would crop the grass? from the bottom, but it’s a great attempt, not something I have ever tried either so can’t offer any advice

Edit My Images
Yes
I love this - seeing all the stars and also getting the light reflecting onto the tree gives it an eerie edge in a tranquil image

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
What an excellent first attempt, Dominic! Like you I have tried this once, and that was for a 52 theme too, and I do want to have another go as the night sky is fascinating. After our photo club meeting last night a group of us stood outside in temps of -2 gawping in awe at the stars and the deep black background, watching more stars appear as our eyes adjusted. None of us had cameras with us, of course! :)

I would probably have cropped the foreground grass, but I like the faint light on the tree branches and the glow on the distant clouds adds another sense of the vast night sky.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
That's a cracking image Dominic. I agree with other re the grass. Having said that, having the constellation of Orion framed by the trees is great and the Orion Nebula looks good too. Nice one :clap:

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Hi Dominic

clean
I like the motion you have captured during the sweeping, nice bits of colour through the image.
open
Love cherry blossom flowers and this is a very nice picture of them too, water droplets rendered nicely.
distant
Nice image with Orion there, you have done well with the light pollution, I like how the tree is lit here.

OP
OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk:5 Cold
This was a bit of a rush job, i only had 20 mins during my lunch break to photo some of the hoar frost, no tripod, no added light and a light breeze. So it was done handheld, with high iso. I would like to have focus stacked, but just didn't have the time or equipment with me.

untitled-9.jpg

untitled-6.jpg