Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

Lovely photo. Very pretty flower and lovely detail. I think the water droplets really make this photo

Super duper flower pic!

Loving this image nice and cheery for what has been a wet dull day. Colours and sharpness are spot on.

Open, nice. Very much my sort of photo, maybe increase the DOF slightly so the bottom of the flower is sharper. Love the extra detail of the water drops.

Agree with the above its nicely lit, an image stack might have worked to get the other blossum in focus

New - dry image works better.
Clean - looks like a well timed image, works for the theme and just enough motion captured in the brush.
Open - love this, nice to see a bit of blossom even if they are a bit early in flowering, lovely soft pink tones and the water droplets adds to the image.

Hi Dominic,

New - I prefer the dry shot. Looks like you'll no go short for beans this year!
Clean - Nice shot. Perfect shutter speed. Nice framing too.
Open - Wow. That's a stunner! I'd say the new lens is a winner (y)

Thats lovely Dominic :D Good black bg and dof. Very delicate colours and the water drop add to the image for me. Just out of interest were they there or did you add them?

great image as others have said the droplets really make it

Wk:4 Distant

After a failed attempt to get this weeks theme at the weekend, i've come up with this idea. Not having tried to photograph the stars before, i thought i'd give it a go. I didn't realize just how little light pollution can have a big impact on this sort of photography. I couldn't see (with the naked eye) any light in the distance, but it has shown up quite clearly in my photos. I've had real trouble trying to reduce it, especially where it was reflecting off of some thin low cloud.

untitled-63-2 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I don’t mind the light at the bottom but I think I would crop the grass? from the bottom, but it’s a great attempt, not something I have ever tried either so can’t offer any advice

Like Allan I have never tried this type of photography but can see the appeal. I think the light at the bottom gives it more of a sense of distance

I might try some of this type of photography, nice effort :)

I agree, it's a great image, and the light in the distance adds to the distant feel.
Nice bit of light painting on the nearer trees too....really gives it some cool interest.
I've tried to do this in the past....and failed....it's not easy, but you've succeeded Dominic!
Nice work.(y)

I love this - seeing all the stars and also getting the light reflecting onto the tree gives it an eerie edge in a tranquil image

What an excellent first attempt, Dominic! Like you I have tried this once, and that was for a 52 theme too, and I do want to have another go as the night sky is fascinating. After our photo club meeting last night a group of us stood outside in temps of -2 gawping in awe at the stars and the deep black background, watching more stars appear as our eyes adjusted. None of us had cameras with us, of course! :)

I would probably have cropped the foreground grass, but I like the faint light on the tree branches and the glow on the distant clouds adds another sense of the vast night sky.

That's a cracking image Dominic. I agree with other re the grass. Having said that, having the constellation of Orion framed by the trees is great and the Orion Nebula looks good too. Nice one :clap:

Hi Dominic

clean
I like the motion you have captured during the sweeping, nice bits of colour through the image.
open
Love cherry blossom flowers and this is a very nice picture of them too, water droplets rendered nicely.
distant
Nice image with Orion there, you have done well with the light pollution, I like how the tree is lit here.

I like the first one better. Very sharp even hand held so well done.

First for me too, as you say perfect subject for stacking but you can only do what you can do

Back