Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

Like the shot there. Colours and details are good. If I had to find something to tweak maybe the crop. The 3 pieces could be more central, though I guess the bottom bit would be off. And so probably I'd leave it as it is. :)

Wet - WOW that is a fantastic take on the theme very well executed love the colours.

Free - Another great image this is something I really need to have a go at!

Brilliant Image there Dominic, looks like it was a lot of work to set up but it's paid off! Great colours and great idea too. Well done

What a lovely, interesting image. Great effort t get this one how you liked it - it's brilliant

Awwww - a kitty - what's not to like? :D

Fits theme for me, its a very good composition too. looks like he has is eye on something

You shall not enter (unless you feed and fuss me:D)

Great image for the theme Dominic

Cute moggy, and a well taken image of a cheeky character!
Great work, and kudos for the moggy to not look right down the lens....did he need much directing?:giggle:

It could be exit, but it's a doorway so it's also an entrance

Fine by me....I love that about doors!!:LOL:

ENTRANCE - Really good shot. I thought at first there was too much at the top but on second thoughts it adds to the sense of scale - big door/small cat etc etc.
Also how the angle of the door and the wall takes you to the cat.
And above all, cats are just so damn photogenic anyway! Methinks I should get myself one!!

Works for me. I like it. Nice pussy and I like the large amount of open door space above him.

Nice and simple shot for Entrance. It works well for me with Moggie being at the centre and on all of the eye lines into the shot (if that makes sense). Very nice :)

Beautiful macro image Dominic!(y)
Super colours and fantastic sharp details in those fantastic sharp details (the spines) :giggle:
I remember those huge leaves from the monstrous theme last year, they were both impressively huge and hugely impressive!

I just went to view this image on Flickr, and it's flagged as containing adult content....it is quite scary looking I suppose!!:LOL:

Haven't checked whether my Gunnera has made it through the winter yet. Lovely light on the leaves. Very nice. And I will check tomorrow!

Young, really nice, sharp and great colours.

Lovely young image Dominic. The detail in the leaf is fantastic

That's a cool shot. Lovely spiralnessthing :)

WOnderful horse, beautifully natural and sharp as a tack. Top marks from me.

Cripes, about time for a catch-up!

Waiting- brilliant, great idea using a triptych, and love the processing.
Rough- Like the second shot more than the first, great shot for the theme. As mentioned, it looks like a satellite image.
Object-nice lighting, thought it was a lemon at first from the texture.. nicely done. Box ticked for mono too.
Wet-Wow, what an image! I think the oof background is spot on, and the colours are beautiful. Nice to see how you set it up too. Brilliant work.
Free week-Double wow! This is amazing, so colourful. I really liked the previous image, but glad you weren't happy with it so we got to see this one! Stunning work.
Entrance-ticks the box, but doesn't really grab me.
Young- I really like it. Personally, I'd prefer a dark vignette on it, but I tend to do that with plants for some reason. Lovely shape, nice and sharp.
Food- Definitely the first one for me. It's an engaging shot, with the horse looking at the camera. Unfortunately the light wasn't doing you any favours though.

First shot of the horse the fact that he’s looking at the camera with a gob full of hay makes it

Agreed, the first image is a winner, though the second one is pretty good too!(y)
Love that look...."D'you mind....I'm eating!" Classic!
Excellent sharpness and colour, and the DoF is spot on.
'Neigh' to bad at all Dominic!:giggle:
Sheesh! That's an unforgivable pun!...Sorry! :sorry:

Food No1 works just fine. I like the hay/straw in it's mouth hanging, as he's staring back a you

Hi Dominic,

Wet - I love the colours you've caught in this. Nothing wrong with the background IMO.
Great to see the behind the scenes set up too. I would never have guessed the BG was a flower!

Entrance - Moggy appears to be coming in through the door, so entrance it is :)

Young - Hmm, don't recall it last year, but that is nicely taken, well lit with a decent amount of BG separation.

Food - Ooh, not sure. My initial thought was I preferred the close-up, but on reflection, maybe the first shot. Hmmmm...

Back