Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

Nice light and colour you’ve managed the highlights really well

FOOD - I will go with the first picture of the horse. Great capture.
SMOOTH - very well set up 'still life' with great lighting.

Young - Great detail, really well exposed and fits the theme perfectly. I love gunnera.
Food - both would do for me, very nicely done.
Smooth - I love the colours and exposure on this one, it's a fantastic image.

Entrance - That's a cracking shot, really nice colours for sooc too.
Food - I like both, think i'm leaning towards the first one just as others have said, the horse is looking right at the camera while eating.
Smooth - Again really good image. Nice lighting, colours of the onions and you can see the detail of the wood.

Great work!

Love that smooth light with dark shadows! People bang on about shadow detail - which is not always the way to go as this illustrates very well!

Smooth works well for me. Loads of detail to the different onions and varying colours. Got a lovely vintage feel to it

That is lovely. That is the sort of sky I have been waiting on all week and all I've had is cloudy grey. Beautiful.

Hi Dominic, just had a look back through your thread, I'd missed seeing your second choice for WET, its stunning, I absolutely love it, I've tried doing this in the past and it really makes me want to have another try at it.

ENTRANCE Perfect framing of your cat peeping through the doorway, definitely fits the theme.

YOUNG Loads of super detail in that Gunnera macro, I'm sure you could almost stand and watch them grow, I like them.

FOOD Your horse is posing so nicely in that first shot, really nicely focused with the muted background.

SMOOTH Low key is one of my favourites, colours look excellent.

ABOVE The sky makes that one, and the placing of the telegraph pole and wires is spot on.

Yep - those wires make some superb diagonals :)

Nice! Composition is great, wires look really good against that sky.

Wk: 16-17 Hot-Light

A bit of a catch up.
I could have used either shot for either theme, they were taken a few days apart, it's just a coincidence that they are similar.

I'm not overly happy with my Hot shot. I only had a limited number of Rizla papers that had Rizla written on them. So after a few practice shots, i went for it. This is the best overall effect (the papers were hung on a piece of cotton and had a mind of their own when lit), but i forgot to re-focus between shots, so it's not as sharp as i would like.
Hot
Hot by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Light
Light up by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Both cracking shots for both hot and light. The Rizla one is great with it just hanging there with that wonderful flame coming off it.

Rizla paper is a good shot looks like it’s floating in the air, flames excellent.
Light is a good idea not sure it quite works but then again not sure what else you could do with it.

The rizla one is a great concept. Like you say, if only the focus was there, it would have been great....

Which is exactly what the second one is. I really, really like this. Perfectly executed, everything that needs to be, is crisp and sharp.

Both work well I think, I like the simplicity of the first one but the detail in the second. Don't think I could pick between them!

Great images Dominic!:clap:
I'm with Carl....couldn't (wouldn't want to) pick a favourite!
Hot is a fantastic concept and very well executed....focusing issues notwithstanding (which are entirely understandable considering the nature of Rizlas that are on fire!)
Light too works extremely well, the exposure on the flame is spot on....tricky to do.

Great composition in ABOVE. The lines taking you down to the foreground work well.
HOT - I thought you had captured the paper falling at first, but you can barely see the thread. Nicely done!
LIGHT - superb detail here. Another great shot!
:clap::clap::clap:

Wk:18 Crowd

I went out with the camera club on Saturday to a local Falconry centre and thought this would fit the theme (although it's more of a group than a crowd).
I can tell you what though, birds in flight is hard and that's with having a good idea of where they're going to fly, so hats off to all those bird photographers that get good bif shots.

untitled-532.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Great crowd image Dom. How many does t have to be, before it is a crowd ;) I love the big congregation, tightly packed, all aimed towards the model on the far side. Nicely spotted

Nice group and budgie shot! The pink coats breaks it up nicely.

I think there's always an added interest with photographs of photographers, I don't know why but somehow I find them appealing. Anyways, a good capture for the crowd/group theme.

Nice shot for Crowd Dominic. Three's a crowd so it fits perfectly. I like the person the purple jacket that separates the crowd from the bird.

Back