Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

Does look like a satellite image as Dave said.

Nicely done indeed - would have loved to see it in mono

Defo the tree for me - barking up the right one :D

Definitely like the rough bark. It has abstract qualities, but I particularly like the subtle colouring, so you got the exposure and light nicely.

This image is all about the lighting and the texture!
And you have handled both expertly Dominic!
Such a simple image and yet there's fantastic detail in the tones.
I love the slight reflection, and shooting it on black makes it all the more compelling.
It has a very 'moon' like appeal.
Bravo sir!(y)

By the way....is it an orange?

I'd of guessed an Orange too! Nice and simple image great lighting and textures.

Great use of shadows and lighting. I like the simple composition too. I assumed it was an egg of some sort but I would never have guessed it was from an ostrich!

I really like this and just echo what everyone else has said. I applaud you

Very well done indeed, I concur about the lighting and reflection

Very, very nicely lit and a perfect mono shot. I would never have guessed an egg either - I went with a Lemon shaped fruit of some kind!

I must admit I thought it was a filtered shot of the sun or something, but an ostrich egg Dominic ! It really suits the conversation

Just to add, this is a 12 image stack, shot at f/2.8 to keep the flower oof.

Behind the scenes shot.
20190306_175633-1612x1209.jpg20190306_175725-1612x1209.jpg

Wet, is brilliant really like that one.
Nice setup as well.

Crikey, that's a brilliant image, well done Dominic. Those colours are beautiful and the detail in the drops showing what the out of focus flower looks like behind is great. Your hard work really paid off there, well done

Although you are not happy with it I think it’s a very good image love the colour

Incredible image Dominic!
Pick of the week for me!!
I tried and failed to get something similar....you have nailed it sir!
Great to see how you set up your shot too....it seems that where I failed was the size of the flower....mine was tiny!!
Amazing colours and nice sharp detail inside the drop....I rather like the OOF flower....the mystery of what it is, is paid off when you see it inside the drop.
Masterful indeed!(y)

Hi Dominic,

Distant - Well done, you managed to get some good stars even with the light pollution. I like the green tinge to the tree, I think I would have lost a bit off the bottom, just to lose the bit of grass.
Cold - Love these, the little icicles are brilliant. 1st one is my pick but if you could have broken off the two leafy bits at the bottom of the second one and just left the one 'flower' that would have been my pick.
Waiting - Love it. Nothing more to say brilliantly done
Rough - Actually prefer the rough ground. something different and it certainly looks rough
Object - Was trying to decide if this was an egg or an orange. Great texture perfect for b&w. Nice reflection too
Wet - Wow beautiful. Love that there is a flower in each drop. Fab colours

:D

Just seen the how you did it pics. Thanks for sharing (y)

Last edited:
Hi Gareth, Having a big catch up on commenting, not been very good so far this year!

Distant - I like this it has a medieval feel about it, I can almost imagine a monk sitting there reading
Cold - Prefer the second image with the smoke, makes it more menacing. Thanks for the letters explanation, was wondering how you did that
Waiting - Love this. Great effort gone into setting this up (y)
Rough - Nice bg, goes well with the colour of the sandpaper, reminded me of Pringles but that might be cos it's getting close to tea time :D
Object - Ooo like both of these but going to go with the peg perfectly match bg again, super sharp details and great reflection
Wet - So creative, love the rainbow effect

:D

Stunning image Dominic. So creative, so much effort gone into achieving what you wanted. What's not to like

It’s a great example of the technique, great colour and I like there are only three reflections rather than the hundreds you sometimes see it’s taken some work I bet but it’s paid off.

Back