Nostromo Here again TP52 (2019) Wk: 43/44 Spooky

Dirty is a great image very funny for some reason, wide nice and sharp and closed has some great detail and nice DoF, good catchup.

Great set of images Dominic, and nice work for catching up too.:clap:
(I know you said no need for comments, but your images deserve it, they're top notch!)

Dirty: Terrific dirty nag conk! :D When I used to care for my Mums horses, I used to love the almost prehensile nature of their nose parts! Funny and adorable image!
Wide: Perfect theme fitment, and a great choice of crop too - excellent, stark-staring-creativity!:giggle:
Closed: Marvellous macro with a background to die for - stunning colours, love it!

Hi Dominic,

You've posted some great images recently.

Fragile is simply amazing! To get a shot like that when it's windy is very impressive.
The first shot for time is lovely. It really tells a story of a nice busy day in the garden for me.
Drink is another absolute belter of an image. Wow! :clap:
Dirty is another great shot and spot on for the theme.
Wide is an excellent shot. Great crop.
Closed is another stunner! Beautiful colours and a lovely soft BG. (y)

Hi Dom, when I clicked on the link and the horses head came up it made me chuckle, very good !
Wide and closed both on theme for me, good shots !

Wk: 30 Snappers choice+Technique Selective colour

Not being a great fan of selective colour, i thought i'd get it out of the way this week.
In the last couple of months we have had loads of these little toads hopping around the garden, so i put one in the opening flower of a Rudbeckia.

untitled-10.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This is the non selective shot

untitled-10-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

What a terrific macro image Dominic!:clap:
As excellent as the full colour version is, I think your selective treatment has brought out some very nice, subtle focus on the charismatic model/subject!
Selecting those OOF areas is a real PITA, but you've done a really good job.
Great work!(y)

That's a great photo, with or without the selective colour, although it works well with it.

What a terrific macro image Dominic!:clap:
As excellent as the full colour version is, I think your selective treatment has brought out some very nice, subtle focus on the charismatic model/subject!
Selecting those OOF areas is a real PITA, but you've done a really good job.
Great work!(y)
I used an adjustment brush in lightroom to desaturated the flower, leaving the toad in colour.

That's a great photo, with or without the selective colour, although it works well with it.
Ta very much

CLOSED - great dof and colours
FREE - super shots, great detail. I prefer the color pop version myself.
I did something similar last year (not in the 52) with a toad in a lily flower.

Loved the toad but couldn't work out the context until I saw the colour version. Colour popping the toad has really brought out the detail in it which I think is lost in the colour one.

Wk:31 Life
Well i was going to call it park life (a well known Blur song), but i like these as a set, so i'm going to call it, 'Life on a bench'
These were i tryout of my new (used) camera. I wanted something light and more discrete, that i could carry around with me and a camera that i could use when out and about with family and not have too lug a dslr and lens around, so i bought myself a little GX80.

untitled-33-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-25.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-36.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Any of them work for me although I am leaning towards the middle picture it has a nice feel to it and I like the symmetry of it

All good shots, I prefer the first one personally. :)

Three nice street pix :)

2nd does it for me.

Hi Dominic

Snappers Choice, I prefer the colour version of the Image, It's nice and sharp, focus is on the eye and the colours give it the depth it requires. You have done the colour pop well, but I feel it does not suit that image.

Life, nice set of bench life photos, all work for me. I like the second one, it appears that he is asleep and holding a cup of coffee. Mind you I can do that with a glass of whisky in the evening.

Pete

Hi Dominic,

That's a fab shot for your Snappers Choice. Loads of detail and the subtle desaturation works well.

Image 2 for me too of your life set though they are all great images.

I think it works despite your feelings for the theme plenty of interest in there and well composed

Like you I was not really oh wow on the theme.
I do actually like it though and think it looks good in B&W, like the horse sticking it`s head out.
Thanks Dave

I agree with Dave....the nag's head really makes this shot!
Great mono treatment also - the light and shadows work very well here.
Very nice image Dominic!(y)
I put it into nik silver efex, I haven't used nik software for ages and ages.

I think it works despite your feelings for the theme plenty of interest in there and well composed
Thanks Allan

Yep - it's all about the nosey dobbin - and works well :)

Wk:33 Plastic

Or prastic as my son used to call it when he was a toddler and it's still a word we use to this day, to describe plastic.
Anyway back to the photo, it may not be immediately obvious, but the syringe is made of plastic.
I have no idea how this looks, as i have a new monitor that isn't calibrated yet.
I wanted to do this with a black background, but something was refracting in the droplet, making it red (i haven't the foggiest what it was), so i went for a white background that i could move a lot closer, so eliminating the refraction problem. In the end i quite like the white, it sort of gives it a clinical look.

untitled-11.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-6.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

The white BG does work better as you say its clinical as for the red droplets probably the reflection of the red plastic piece of the syringe

nice image anyway

That's a great shot, and looks really well executed to me, very original

Good shot for placky :)

Black for me :)

Hi Dominic,

I like the feel to interior and the horse with the white patch really draws my eye in.
Both shots for plastic are stunning. Super sharp detail and great vivid colours. White BG for me too (y)

Wk:34 Empty

This is a stack of ten shots, it hasn't really come out the best that it could have. There are a couple of smudgy areas and i've had to clean up a couple of areas around the edge of the shell. I also wish i'd spent a bit more time cleaning the background.

untitled-22-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Looks good to me, it’s a good idea too, nice simple clean image obviously not simple to achieve but you know what I mean

Back