weekly Nostromo TP52 (2017) Wk 52: Weather

Blimey, not sure I'd attempt standing on the gatepost for that shot - good for you. It works well for Structure ... although I like the third best for that awesome looking gate.

something a bit different ... I always like. Artichoke detail is good, and I like it in B&W .... which is unusual for me.

First colour photo for me, I think it makes a really nice abstract.

Wow Dominic, I would have had no concept of what the image was of without the 'behind the scenes' image, that an excellent piece of imagination / observation to produce that shot. The colour one pips it for me, I think because the are so muted, but there.

Well done Dom. I agree with Carl about climbing up there to get the shot, but what a great result. The colours for me, I think, with lovely muted tones.

Good mono with great details, the engineer in me is a bit skeptical about the placement of the spanner but it does speak of the theme

Good mono with great details, the engineer in me is a bit skeptical about the placement of the spanner but it does speak of the theme
Absolutely right about the spanner, but it was the only way to stop it falling over.

Dunno about maintenance Dominic, it looks like you're using the wrench as part of the mechanism.
What on earth is it? It looks as manky as the final drive output on my m/cycles, but far too many chains.

Dunno about maintenance Dominic, it looks like you're using the wrench as part of the mechanism.
What on earth is it? It looks as manky as the final drive output on my m/cycles, but far too many chains.
It's the drive and gearing of a cylinder mower.

not bothered about the placement of the spanner, its a nice gritty black and white

Took the old camera down to the train station this morning to find some numbers. There were lots of opportunities, but found that i liked this one the most, maybe for it's simplicity.

IMG_1225 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I did also like this, but thought it was a little busy and that numbers weren't so obvious.

IMG_1105 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Took the old camera down to the train station this morning .... sounds like a blues number.

The image is fantastic, truly loveable.

The first one works very well a classic steam train shot, excellent

Such rediculous wealth! You are clearly a drug dealer to own THAT much cash..... ;) ;)

Great idea and great execution, I like the brilliant colours of the bank notes against the deep black background. I'd have preferred the notes all clean and crisp, but you have to take what you can get...

Great idea to use all that filthy lucre for Attractive Dominic. Only teeny weeny crit is it looks like it needs a smidgeon off the lhs to make it central but feel free to :bat:

if it's just my eyes :D

The routine maintenance looks like it's definitely in need of some :D

Both good shots for numbers but the first with the steam is the winner.

Got an ABBA tune in my head now....

(y)

Routine, really like it, recognised it as a mower, works great in black and white. Makes me want to start working on something.
Numbers, love the first one really atmospheric.
Attractive, good idea, think the compo would be better with the tenners clustered centre, but that is probably my OCD. Good shot though.

Nicely arranged ... or too nicely arranged? o_O NAH ... works well.

Back