weekly Nostromo TP52 (2017) Wk 52: Weather

Juicy - very good take on the theme, absolutely oozing with juice.
Broad - another really good photo for the theme, I was wondering what it was and it makes for a really good effect.

Blurry Broad ... far more creative. (y)

Last edited:
The roller for me I do like the processing though both are very good

Great catch-up, Dominic! The rusty old roller covered in ivy is my pick for rustic and really meets the theme perfectly. The subdued tones work extremely well for the subject matter and theme, too.

Of your other recent shots, I really like the idea and impact of your colourful image for Broad, and deliberate motion to blur the boundaries works well for me (y)

Both excellent .... tones and focus (y) But of the two, that old roller wins.

Thought I'd commented on this but it seems not, anyway, I agree, both very good but the roller is the pick for me.

Simple maybe, but both work really well.
I was going to guess at a 50mm f1.8 before looking on flickr, that bokeh is quite distinctive.
I think #2 for me (just), I like the inclusion of the lamp.

Great finish to the year Dominic, both good but #1 is the pick for me, happy new year.

Loving #1 ... a striking image ... a mobile too, amazing!

Love the reflections Dominic. B&W works well for this. Lovely bright colour in #2 but the first one for me I think:) Great finish to the 2017(n)

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - Great texture and detail on the roller, good colours and the muted and oof background frames the shape well.

Wk 51 - Festive - Of the two the rich red of the larger candle wins for me. Good oof lights make a nice background.

Wk 52 - Weather - Either of those fit the theme well but of the two the low level monochrome with reflections is my preference.

Back