Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

I like the story the picture tells and the colourful fruit & veg the story is embedded in! I wonder if there would be another angle to take this photo from where you don't see the market stall holder just from the back...

Nice bit of street togging, Id love to do this more am way to self conscious...annoying, as I do love people watching.

With your avatar and this weeks image I see a pattern developing :).

Now that is certainly stark. Funny how the brain tries to insert details that aren't there.

Nice bit of street togging, Id love to do this more am way to self conscious...annoying, as I do love people watching.

That's why I like to go to the theatre, you are expected to look at people closely and they don't mind at all.

People ... taking your chances there Dominic ... well it looks like you're about to get a wet lettuce.

silhouette ... yep that works.

Great idea for your stark shot, silhouette works (y)

Very clean execution of stark and it doesn't come starker than that, really good interpretation of the theme

Hi Dominic

People great image love the angle you've used and the colours well done

Strak I like it something I considered doing it very nicely handled

Hi Dominic, Really like your 1st gate image, the colours are lovely with the sun glinting off the gate. Well done for being brave and getting real people. Lots to look at and I like that there are 3 people it seems to balance the picture. The silhouette is very well done and fits the theme well but its not my cup of tea, sorry :D

Week 3 - Stark - Good exposure - very stark and good detail.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week.

People - nice colourful scene beats the drab weather
Stark - good sharp silhouette, good detail in the hair

Well done on your People image, Dominic. I don't think many of us relished this theme but you've captured a natural scene with people interacting and lots of colourful details from the fruit and veg (y)
Stark works very well too, with a strong contrast between white and black and a very crisp outline, particularly your hair.

Over

It's late again, but after some of my other ideas didn't work out how i planned, I knew i would not get another opportunity until today.
I went to a local show jumping competition to help out with setting up jumps and other bits and pieces and knew i would get an OVER shot at some point.

untitled-463.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I wonder if a moment earlier or later with one or two hooves on the ground would add something? That said it's a really good interpretation of the theme.

I've got both, but i thought for the theme this with the horse over the rail was a better fit.

Great image for the theme Dominic. I would agree with Chris that maybe the image where the horses back hoves were still on hte ground my look slightly better, but I can see why you've picked this one great capture.

Have to say I thought the first one was good enough for the theme but any of the three would do

My fave is #2 but I can understand why you chose the one you did for the theme. Wondering if the EV needs turning down a fraction.

I normally go for colour phoitos but in this case I really like the mono, nice composition

Either works for me - nice take Dominic. They can go in a smoothie now

Crikey, another thread I haven't got around to yet.... :)

Your Area- great flower shot, not sure how on theme it is, but heck, it was a practice round

Gate(d)- I much prefer the first shot, the light is gorgeous and the DOF works really well.

People- A very good shot considering you evidently don't like this sort of photography.

Stark-very nice take on the theme.

Over-The before one works best imo; apart from being a more dynamic image, the horse somehow looks more graceful in this image

Age- I prefer the mono image, but the colour one is very nice too.

Mono works remarkably well but still doesn't seem right somehow. Colour for me! Good set up, old wooden board, but wondering if the light would be better coming from the other side: more light on the flesh! ... minor point.

Barbed wire shot for me, ouch!

Back