Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

I think there is more separation inthe first image but I don’t mind either one they both work

Like the sense of depth in the first one Dominic. #2 looks a bit "battered" so less uniform. Both good though, well found:)

Thick ... nice example of snow turned to ice covering these delicate plants.

Abundance ... almonds look good.

(y)

First one for me too, filling the frame emphasises the abundance

Someone either likes his nuts or has been out to the local market! I love walnuts. Certainly an abundance of both there Dominic and nicely framed and processed

Thick - Three unusual shots there. My favourite is the first one, I like the delicate colours peeking through the snow
Abundance - has to be no1, just because I can't stand those nuts that look like brains ;) They always put so many in a bag of mixed nuts too :mad: Filling the frame definitely adds to the feel of abundance

WK 10- Heavy

A quickly taken (during my lunch break) shot for week 10. This might be one for the chemists or physicists out there.
I don't know why i tried to photo something so reflective in a rush :(.

untitled-1108.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I think you have done well no nasty glares of anything nice BG and nicely grounded simple but strong pic, shouldn’t be so hard on yourself

Ahh, Deuterium Oxide (and no I didn't need to Google it either). I work for a company called Deuterium and we export water treatment chemicals :)

Very clever themed image

Ahh, Deuterium Oxide (and no I didn't need to Google it either). I work for a company called Deuterium and we export water treatment chemicals :)

Very clever themed image
Very impressive, I knew of heavy water (i remember it from an old world war 2 film) but had to look up it's chemical symbol.

Thick - I like the 2nd one best but they are all good for the theme
Abundance - both good shots I think the Almonds just pips it for me.
Heavy - very clever idea I like the tight crop on the sides

Good idea for the theme and you have done well with the reflections.

A very sharp and clear shot,and also very simple. I often google image search the theme for an idea and I saw heavy water but couldnt make an image in my head.

I love the idea and work you've done for the theme Dom. I like the reflection you've got underneath the jug

Very nice wet theme. Love the staging and the reflection

Hope you weren't crying over it :)

One really nit-picky comment is that I feel it could do with a little more shadow around the neck of the jug on top but I like the simplicity of it and you have got a really good reflection and a nice milk-spill

I like the spread of milk and the way it stands out on black.

Catch up time again... :)

Sharp-That barbed wire shot is great, I really like it. Holly is not bad, but not in the same league imo
Guard-The mono one for me, works well
Thick- I like all of them, but the second one is the one I like the most. Really unusual, and love the soft colour
Abundance- I like the walnuts best, but then, I hate almonds with skin on..... Plus I like the shapes in the walnuts shot. Nicely done. Doesn't look like brains to me
Heavy- I like the idea, and I like the bubbles, but overall it doesn't grab me.
Wet- I really like it, the milk looks great on the black surface, and nice reflection, too.

Like the D2O, the milk shot is not showing but I remember it I think and thought it very good.
Was the WW2 film the Heroes of Telmark?

Like the D2O, the milk shot is not showing but I remember it I think and thought it very good.
Was the WW2 film the Heroes of Telmark?
Yes it was.
I don't know why the milk shot isn't showing.

Yes it was.
I don't know why the milk shot isn't showing.
I had the same happen to me last year, I could never figure out why, ended up just editing the post.

Wk-08 Thick

Snow seems to be the theme this week, so not to feel left out, i've gone with a snowy shot myself.
So it may not be thick for humans, it is thick for these little flowers.

untitled-45 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-31 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-21 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Love the colours and the contrast of the snow and the delicateness of the flower. For me you cant really tell its thick snow though, but you have addressed that in your write up :).

Wk 09 Abundance

It's all a bit brown this week.

untitled-127.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I was going to go with this, but it looked too much like brains

untitled-112.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Its like Christmas with the abundance of nuts. Love the textures and detail in these :)

WK 10- Heavy

A quickly taken (during my lunch break) shot for week 10. This might be one for the chemists or physicists out there.
I don't know why i tried to photo something so reflective in a rush :(.

untitled-1108.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Don't understand it, but I was never very good at chemistry haha. Mesmerizing picture though

WK 11- Wet

Something simple, Spilt milk. It's wet isn't it? :)

untitled-149.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Cant see it on here, but checked it out on Flickr. Works well for the theme, love the picture, great contrast as well

Wet - looks better on flickr :p. Works really well, I like the addition of the reflection to ground it.

Dominic

Wet, nice image (on Flickr), could have been used for this weeks theme (juxtaposition) with the Black and White.

Pete

D2O, very clever. I don't see any issues with the image, as Allan says, don't be hard on yourself. I think it's really nicely done. The colours are nicely matched, yet different enough for the subject to stand out.

Not sure on the layout but they are definitely contrasting items

I can see what Allan means about the layout - although I'm not sure HOW you would effectively arrange a hammer and some feathers :D - but they are definitely "placed close together with contrasting effect" as per the definition I read so it's spot on in those terms and I like the way you've used three feathers rather than just one (y)

Back