Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Here i am for my second year after just this minute completing my first. It's been hard at times, but i've enjoyed it none the less.

Let the battle commence, as they say.

+1 for the second year gang. Yes it was tricky at times but the support and advice from all was great. Here's to a good 2018:)

Happy New Year

Week 0, Your area

So a shoehorn(ish) to start me off

This is my area of work, Plants (Gardener)
A bit of focus stacking, i was in a bit of a rush and the flower was on a long stem, so the slightest bit of movement, just turning the focus ring with my hand was enough of a breeze to make the flower wobble, that coupled with any table movement and a draft coming from somewhere.

untitled-4.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

That’s a lovely photo right up my street, really nice composition nicely lit and great colours

Very good indeed and a really good alternative take on theme. I would like to do more with focus stacking, something to bear in mind for future 52 themes.

I like the focus on the center it almost glows, great shot.

Last edited:
Love the pinks Dominic great image to start with!

Lovely deatil in thet Domonic a slight shorehorn but a worthy one love the muted colours

welcome back Dominic

Good theme interpretation. Focus stacking very well done. (y)

Nice different take on the theme Dominic and a great picture. Must have a go at this focus stacking with my next Orchid picture. Well done :D

Also prefer the first one. Great light, really soft and fairytale like and slightly ofset by the cold metal of the gate.

#1 Dominic .... very nice indeed. Most unusual Gate, great detail with hazy winter sunniness. :clap:

#1 for me too Dominic. Lovely soft light. unusual to see that style of gate in metal.
Hope you feel better soon.

#1 for the light and the colours.

Yep, #1 is absolutely gorgeous, photo of the week for me.

No 1 for me that ligt is lovely and really makes the image pop, great use of DoF giving just enough detail in the backgrond.

Definitely the first image for me, too. It's all about the light and you've caught it perfectly, showing off the curves and the cold metal of the gate and setting that against the soft landscape under warm light in the background. Very nice indeed :clap:

I hope you shake off your cold soon; I'm think I'm finally at the tail end of my Christmas cold.

Love the first one, the way the light shines off the gate as well

I too like the first one for the lovely golden light

Week 02- People

I've finally done it, here are my people. Pointing my camera at people i don't know, really isn't my thing. The weather was pretty horrible today, but it's meant to be even worse tomorrow.

untitled-1034.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Back