Nostromo TP52 (2018) Week 51/2 : Party/Showcase

Love the second shot mate. Well I like all 3 but the second is my favourite. I think it's having the bright coloured graffiti more prominent that does it for me. But also love the light rays in the first image.

2nd shot the graffiti adds something a little surreal which I like, the first one looks so much better on Flickr so I'm torn between the two, minor point the horizon looks off slightly.

Hi Dominic

Catching up is hard to do.
Your Hard Image. Nice capture of the 2 horse shoes being very clear, near enough being on 3rds, bit of action in the dust. Background being a bit OOF helps. You have all the info in the picture you require.

Creature.
Personally I don't like this image, you have focused on the eye but the nose is a bit soft, a bit more DOF would help. On Theme so ok with it.

Synthetic
A bit messy this one, but difficult to clean up, crop out the little boy at the bottom and the woman walking her dog on the left. Also get rid of the bus stop sign would all help I feel.

Rural
Nice sunset, but the Rural part is enderexposed, maybe using a nd grad would have helped.

Bright
This is better, plenty of action going on. could have cropped the boob out on the right hand side and maybe the cardboard box looking thing on the bottom left.

Elegant

Nice Image, well controlled exposure. It did not need the ring in the petals as it attracts the attention from the rest of the subtile details.

Derelict
Out of the 3 I prefer the second one with the colour and it is better framed.(nice and close)
The other 2 the Derelict bits are a bit underexposed. on the 1st a ND grad could be used and on the 3rd take 2 exposures and blend as there is a lot of the building breaking the skyline.

Pete

Clever idea for Home and a well executed shot. As said above a cracking shot.

I'm not racing your snail, it is faster than mine. :) Perhaps radishes are performance enhancing and lettuce soporific, Great colours and oof background.

Spot on photo for home, sharp, great colours, the radish really works, I really like it

Have to agree great shot of the snail perfect for the theme really well executed

Hi Dominic,

Derelict - Nice god rays and an interesting hazy effect you've captured in your choice for the theme, I can understand your choice but for me the killer shot is the second one, with the urban art.
The artwork (obvs) is the pull, but then you get the clarity and colours of the brickwork. it's a photo I wish I could have taken. :clap:

Home - Yes, great work for the theme and some lovely colours captured. Nicely done.

Really like this one mate. Like the red running through the image, great lighting and details but I'm not sure you need the towel in the top corner. I think this is a strong enough image without it. Kinda looks like it was put there just to continue the red theme, but doesn't add much for me. But the image as a whole I like.

That a good take on ROUND! I wouldn't eat them if there were fresh. Marzipan.... BLEEEURGH!

Nice idea for the theme Dom, I too like that the cup matches the cherries and the wood background really adds to the shot. I have to agree with the Ross though I don't think the towel adds anything to the shot. I can see why you've put it there the colours match the rest of the image it just doesn't work for me

I like it and I like it a lot. :clap: Everything and every element in this image just work in my eye. The subjects, the setup, lighting, the wood background including the towel in the corner. Just one tiny thing, move to the right a wee bit to get the coffee/tea centred with the cup and wait for the bubbles to settle too. :)

Round, nice colour matching and an interesting composition which works well for me

Dominic

Nice Image, colours of the tarts and the cup of tea work well together, adding the teatowel where it is is not working, if you had more of it in the picture I feel it would be better. Nice wooden backgound is a good contrast. Nice light.

Pete

Wk 30 Cooking

Well i try to photograph myself cracking some eggs into a frying pan, that didn't work. So i was forced to go out of my comfort zone and photograph people cooking (well person).
This is a pretty popular burger bar in town on market day.

untitled-1232.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Mmmmmmm sossiiiiiiiiiij :)

Ncie one :)

I agree very good, well done with getting good exposure on the guy cooking, he stands out well from the background, it's well timed and all the details are there.

Dominic

Nice composition and action in your Cook submission. The background could do with a bit of work to make it not so obvious. Its a shame that the lady was not the customer. The exposure looks tricky with all that white, I can see some details in the blacks so well done on that.

Pete

Well, I can't say anything about busy backgrounds given the 100 or so shots I took at LFCC this past weekend. Backgrounds are hard to control when you're not in a studio / set-up environment.
Nice work stepping out of your comfort zone. Good detail, plenty to look at in the shot.

Spot on theme, well framed, I like the background and do not find it distracting, exposure spot on, great photo for the theme.

Wk 31 Short

I wasn't to sure what to do for this weeks theme and then today it suddenly came to me. The farmers have been out most days since the weekend harvesting, so i thought a shot of the stubble would fit the theme, but on it's own i think it would be a bit boring. So i waited for a decent sky, some low-ish sunlight and i even put myself in the frame. If stubble doesn't work for the theme, well i'm wearing shorts and i've got a short sleeve t-shirt on and short trainer socks.

untitled-1292 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Once i was done, i had a play around.

untitled-1311 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Nice shots for short Dom, I like the first one most. I like the brightness or the cut crop and I like how the person is to the left. It all just works for me :)

Excellent photo for short such a simple but very effective composition.

1st for me too, for some reason you look like a giant in the landscape

Yep, #1, good on 'ya for having a go at #2 but the composition of #1 is really good I think and there is a touch of Antony Gormley about it

Easy maybe but bang on theme and well composed, nothing wrong with that

Back