Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

2 great images with lots of atmosphere both work for the theme to me. I wonder how they wold look in B&W.

Stunning shots, gotta love thinking on your feet when the weather lets you down. The composition works for me and the fog adds to the discarded feeling, quite an eery feel to the photos.
I do like photos that evoke an emotion.

2 very nice images for discarded, I like those.

Wk:5 Snappers choice

Well i bought some new backdrops so wanted to try them out.

untitled-32.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Very subtle shot there, funnily enough I had done the same regarding new backdrops. It is a little hard to see what the backdrop is, but I guess that was intentional.

Lovely image Dom, nice background, nice processing, I'd hang it on my wall (y)

Yep that's a good one!

That's a great still life, the background & subtle lighting work well

Lovely shot excellent lighting.

Yes I like that one. Nice lighting and processing. Looks great on Flickr as you can see the range of tones better.

Lovely accent lighting, worthy of being hung on a wall. Not sure it if would benefit from more space at the bottom

Not sure it if would benefit from more space at the bottom
It certainly would, but there was a most annoying highlight line running a third of the way across the frame, which I would normally have cloned out, but Photoshop and to a lesser extent lightroom were being a complete a#*e at the time (although it was more to do with my pc), I was ready to throw the stupid thing out of the window. So I just cropped it out.

PC is running better now :)

Very nice composition and just right lighting. The extra props add a lot to the overall effect.

I like that, as other have said the lighting is spot on

Sorry playing catch up today, I love last weeks image it was a beautiful composition with subtle lighting. I think your backdrop works well with this shot.
Was only chatting to someone today about Macro photography and your photo of the wild primrose is stunning. I love the tones they are so soft and suit the composition. 2 weeks worth of thumbs up from me.

Lovelt wild flaaaaar pic :)

Good Macro shot, suits the theme and something different, as has been said above lovely subtle colours.

I echo the others.. lovely tones which highlight the delicacy.

Nice close up Dom (y)

Good close up Dom and well focued, nice work

Very nice Dom.
I love the colours especially the background.

Such an apparently simple composition but it works so well, really like this.

Ooooh now that's good! Really well set up, taken and processed :)

Very nice composition Dominic, the background works a treat with the coloured bottles and dafs .
Very nice Dom.
I love the colours especially the background.
really like this one....
The BG really makes this a good shot.
Such an apparently simple composition but it works so well, really like this.
Ooooh now that's good! Really well set up, taken and processed :)
Thank you everyone.
It's a style of still life that I like and have been trying to achieve, I think I'm getting close to what I want.

Wild - great close up good detail and lovely colours.
Broken - simple but effective the colours work well with the BG

Wonderful still life. Great colours and great processing.

Very effective image. Almost impressionist with the background. Like this a lot.

Doing a bit of catching up on comments here. I came to say how I really liked your wild image. I enjoy flower photography but find it difficult to capture something that I like. Your image ticks the boxes for me..... and then I saw Broken...love this image - the treatment really works.

Back