Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

The leaf works well as a BG to the bluebells, great detail as well

The composition works really well. The texture on the leaf is well lit and really detailed. Nice one.

As has been said, Dom. Nice composition each complimenting the other.

A nicely framed shot with good colours. I really like the way you've used the Gunnera leaf.

That's a really nice pic ;)

Hi Dominic, just a quick catch up of your latest images as I've fallen so behind with commenting, and I'm so impressed with what I'm looking at! The two stacked images for your Snapper's Choice really catch the eye with those bright colours and extreme close-up details, and my untrained eye can't see any faults and thinks they're excellent! Likewise the dandelion seed image is quite lovely; I've wanted to try this for a while and even picked some heads a couple of weeks ago but couldn't sort myself out. Yours is unusual with the pink wash of colour and the little seeds resemble palm trees in a pink sea - very lovely and thank you for sharing the image of your set-up too (y)

More Than One is another striking image because of the contrasting colours and I like the way you have arranged the three stems along the veins in the leaf. Great work.

Wk:18/19 Music/Colourful

I didn't really know what to do for music, i've done the Headphone/mp3 player shot before and i don't have any instruments in the house, so i was a little bit flummoxed as to what to do. In the end i've come up with this uninspiring shot.

untitled-109.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Colourful

One of my colourful Peonies

untitled-82.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Lovely colourful flower. I don't know if you've added a vignette but it is beautifully framed and I like the light highlighting the water droplets.

I like the depth of field and point of focus in your music shot... doesn't look like an easy piece and I don't think it's an uninspiring shot... the composition has the descending notes almost like leading lines to the chord.

Fab looking flaaaaar - lovely light and droplets!

I rather like the music pic. It's simple and well composed and photographed.

Nice lighting on the flower bringing out a lot of detail on the petals.

Nothing wrong with the music shot, it looks nicely aged and is bang on theme.
If you hadn't also be posting the colourful shot, I'm sure you'd be more than happy with it.
But, Colourful is stunning, so I suspect you're judging music far too harshly in comparison.

I like the music shot too I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself

lovely light on the peonies great colour emerging from the darkness

Peony , very nicely framed and lit Dom.
Music nowt wrong with that, nice use of DoF, its plain and simple.

Hi Dominic,

Very nice image indeed for music and I agree what others have said - I think you are being a tad harsh on yourself.
Beautifully lit shot for Colourful. The little water droplets are just perfect.

Music great use of DoF on this one love the lighting too.

Colourful - great use of light and DoF lovely detail to include the water droplets.

WK:20 Old

It's an old bike. We have two of these on the estate, one has been taken apart by my bosses son in the hope of restoring it. So i asked to borrow the other one to photograph (i'm sure they think i'm a bit mad).

I could easily have gone black & white for these, but i like the little hints of colour from the rust.
I'm not sure if these look too dark, on my monitor they look fine, but on my phone they look a bit dark.

untitled-114-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-117.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-124.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-139.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

And here she is in all of her glory

untitled-130.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely old bike Dom, The last one for me showing all of it in its (former) Glory.
I'd say yes they are a tad dark, but it doesn't detract from the over all appeal

Nice series of pictures the middle three would make a really good triptych, colour was definitely the best option I think and they look fine to me.

Yep - all these work well - in fact they work best when viewed as a set.

The first is definitely my favourite. Lovely muted colour and great dof. The background really sets it off. Great shot.

Great Images Dom, the colour is wonderful and nostalgic, which the slightly darker impression also adds to. They do not look too dark to me.

Pete

Ooh, Rod Brakes. I guess they must have been sufficient once upon a time ;)
I'm thinking Raleigh ? (Looks like an R on the headlamp bracket) and maybe Sturmey Archer gears?
The tyres look inflated - I think I've ridden worse.

All lovely shots for old Dominic. I especially like the one with the bright red reflector in. A nice splash of colour and an excellent composition.

Great shots for old, they all look greta, very interesting subject you have there, and well shot.

Great selection of wonderful shots. Certainly did the right thing by keeping the colour. My favourite this week,

Lovely selection of images for Old, lovely old Bike I love them all but the last one just takes it for me.

Back