Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

Definitely time on your hands.... or someone else's hands? And you're ahead of the theme deadline, so yes, time in hand. Nice depth of field. Sharp in the right spot.

Nicely done Dominic. Depth of field works well and the colours of the clock face make it stand out well.

Works very well Dominic the red and green really pop. I like the DoF giving just enough detail in the BG.

Good colour and spot on with the focus.. the numbers really pop out.

Nice take on the theme Dom,
And the luminous hands and numbers, details stand out really well.

Great photo! Perfect DoF and great colours on the alarm clock!

Wk: 15 Snappers Choice

The Fern Frond

I've got a few Shuttle cock Ferns growing in the garden and i really like the way the ends of the fronds start off curled up and open as they grow.
This is a stack of 22 images, it's not perfect, as there are still some out of focus bits, but it was breezy, so was quite tricky to get everything in focus. For an idea of scale, the frond is 15mm from top to bottom.

Frond by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This second shot is an un-opened daisy type of flower, this is a stack of 12 images, again not perfect (it's a bit blurry in the middle). This 7mm across.

Daisy by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I like the fern shot although there are a few issues with the stacking, not surprising considering the breezy conditions

I've got a few Shuttle cock Ferns growing in the garden
I've got a small damp "Dark" corner in the garden where I grow a few ferns, inc. the shuttle cock.

Great close up Dom (y)

The Fern looks a more complete Image to me, the daisy looks odd.
Focus Stacking is not easy and being breezy would make it much harder,
but you have done a great job. I like the monochrome look Green and white.

The wind gets up whenever I even think about attaching my macro lens :ROFLMAO:

I love the fern shot - the texture and colour. Looks fine to my untrained eye. Something restful about seeing them curled up, like they are asleep.

The daisy shot looks almost other worldly with the water droplets on it. I quite like the negative space. I wouldn't have thought to do that.

The fern is lovely! There are some minor issues with the stacking, but I had to really really look to see them. I'd be very happy with either shot!

I really like pics like these Dominic and you've done well with the stacking despite the breeze. I prefer the fern of the two.

I must give stacking a go this year.

Excellent bit of macro Dominic, the fern reminds me of an octopus tentacle!

Both look good to me. Still haven't tried many macro techniques. Personally I perfer #2

Great focus stacking, I don't think it's bad at all!

Wk: 16 Initial

The photo that i did take initially for the theme (which would have been on time), i mulled over and came to the conclusion that i really didn't like it. So i had a think and have come up with this instead.
The letter D for Dandelion seeds.

untitled-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Thats really good and so much better on Flickr excellent colour and a nice subtle reflection

I always look forward to seeing your picture for the week (y)

Wow - that's stunning. Great piece of macro!
Thank you

Hi Dominic,
Lovely close up / macro shots for your last few images. They are really stunning. What do you use to stack with?
I use Photoshop cc for stacking, it does a pretty good job most of the time.

That is amazing Dominic, very nice colour too.
There nothing wrong with it, Dominic and I like it. An unusual pink hue for sure but different.
Thank you

Thats really good and so much better on Flickr excellent colour and a nice subtle reflection

I always look forward to seeing your picture for the week (y)
That's very kind of you to say Allen.

Absolutely love your ā€˜Dā€™ shot.

Did you colour in post?
Thank you, the photo was taken as you see it (well apart from the stacking)
IMG_20200426_120702.jpg

Amazing close up Dom!

Back