Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

This is so gorgeous. Love the ripple of the water and the reflection below the flower and the stunning colours. Love love love

Very nice Dominic either works but the first with the splashing water just about tops the rather nice reflection in the second one

Catching up on the comments - superb few shots I've missed. My favourite for old had to be the shot with the reflector. The combination of the old bike with the newer looking reflector is great.

The dripping flower for the liquid shot is one of my favourites from this 52 - it's great - lovely composition and spot on exposure.

Last edited:
Absolutely superb image Dominic.

Super image for Liquid Dom both are stunning but No 1 just edges it for me it's slightly more dramatic.

I've looked a few times and still can;t decide which I prefer. I like them both :)

Both cracking images. The colour is fabulous and works so well with the black. Personally #2 has it for me for its simplicity but it is a hard call.

Wk: 22 Household item(s)

After having a go at Garry Edwards 'Darkfield lighting project', it inspired me to have a go at this, which is something i've been meaning to do for a while. I had no idea of how to achieve this sort of lighting before reading and doing the project. It's not perfect, but you've got to start somewhere.

untitled-187-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

I think it’s a really nice photo just enough light to know what it is you have done a good job with the technique

Very subtle lighting and makes for an atmospheric, almost abstract composition.

I love that - superb!

I'm not sure what that is Dom, but its a nice pleasing abstract

That is fantastic! great lighting, great composition, abstract enough but still allowing the viewer to know what it is. This is one of the images of this year's 52 for me, great job.

Oh Lordy! Breathtaking! I'd have that on my wall in a breath. One to be very proud of.

I think it’s a really nice photo just enough light to know what it is you have done a good job with the technique
Good job with the lighting. Enough to know what's going on - the effect works well, and it's a really nice picture.
Very subtle lighting and makes for an atmospheric, almost abstract composition.
I love that - superb!
I'm not sure what that is Dom, but its a nice pleasing abstract
I think its stunning and I love these types of photos. Minimal and simple. :clap:
Momentous minimalist monochrome!
That is fantastic! great lighting, great composition, abstract enough but still allowing the viewer to know what it is. This is one of the images of this year's 52 for me, great job.
Super image nothing else to add!!
Stunning image. Love the effect you have achieved Bierce. Very well down.
That's really nicely done Dominic. I like that a lot.(y)
Interesting shot. I have no idea what darkfield lighting is, I shall have to have a look in the lighting sub-forum :)
I love the curves in this. Really nice composition and the darkfield lighting works really well!
Very subtle Dominic, excellently done, lighting, curves , brilliant!
Oh Lordy! Breathtaking! I'd have that on my wall in a breath. One to be very proud of.
That is simply stunning Dominic. I can't add any more. :clap:

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback :)

Hidden: These are terrific Dominic. I think I prefer the second slightly.
Small: Great detail, framing and colours. (y)(y)

Back