Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

textures - 2 fantastic still life images, either of these would stand out in any food magazine or book, lovely stuff and I wish i had your skill.

Loving the processing of these, suits the subject perfectly.

Two stunning images Dominic. The processing and composition is reminiscent of oil paintings.

Hi Dom

Love the effect on your Images, and the time you must have spent on setting them up. I have only just started trying it out and I admire your results.

Pete

Wk:37 Activity

It turned out quite well for me this week. She said, 'can you come to the yard with me at the weekend to fix a couple of bits on the trailer while i go for a bit of ride around the school'. Well i thought, that's Activity covered.

untitled-22.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Sorted indeed Dom (y)

Lovely colours in both these images. I particularly like your Autumn shot, it's brilliant and the colours are lovely and warm.

love the leaves nicely processed, the still life pictures you have been doing recently are very good indeed (y)

Love the autumn shot.The leaves have turned just the right amount so they don’t look too ragged but are great colours.

I’m another who loves the still life shots you’ve been putting into this thread. The lighting is always really nice. Do you use flash or studio lights?

Artificial meets the brief perfectly. I like that you’ve got in close and you’re drawn in to the eyes.

Artificial
That's a cracking image Dom.
I really like the way the eyes are shining through (y)

Autumn
A nicely processed set of leaves. (y)

Lovely colours in both these images. I particularly like your Autumn shot, it's brilliant and the colours are lovely and warm.

love the leaves nicely processed, the still life pictures you have been doing recently are very good indeed (y)

Thank you both.

I’m another who loves the still life shots you’ve been putting into this thread. The lighting is always really nice. Do you use flash or studio lights?

Thank you.
I use speed lights (well most of the time just a single speed light) and reflectors. Also a 80x80cm softbox.
Although for the autumn shot, I just fired a bare speed light into a wall.

Artificial
That's a cracking image Dom.
I really like the way the eyes are shining through (y)

Autumn
A nicely processed set of leaves. (y)
Ta muchly.

Two very good images - autumn would work well for wet as well.

Hey Dominic, I’m playing catch up..
I am another fan of your still life photos, do you use backdrops or do you have those lovely worktops and walls?
I am in awe of your skill and hope with practice I might start to produce something half as good as yours.
Your interpretation of Tiny was spot on and a fantastic shot.

Artificial: What a great idea and a lovely close-up.
Autumn: Another stunner of a still life. Graet composition, light and colour.

Tea is definitely wet. I like the compostition. It reminds me of that film - can't remember the name of it now, starring Kevin Spacey - American Beauty maybe?

Excellent composition, colour and lighting a lot of thoughts gone into that, very good indeed Dominic :clap:

Another top drawer shot Dominic. The colours and layout are lovely and it's nicely lit too. (y)

Hi Dominic,

Artificial - Hiding that from the main thread are we? Hopefully it won't get missed when Ali or I update the spreadsheet. it works for the theme and the eyes are sharp, so (y)
Autumn - Loving the colours. Works nicely.
Wet - Very nicely put together and shot. Can't fault it :clap:

Nice catchlight, colours and textures with your artificial picture - nice topical idea for the theme!

And a rather lovely collection of textures and colours in your leaves. Very Autumnal indeed!

A very nice pair of pictures, especially the leaves.

Edit: I clearly didn't scroll far enough before hitting reply... Your tea - definitely not a shoe horn as I clearly see wet petals, and indeed liquid - is beautiful. The colours and composition are spot on!

Last edited:
I really like the Wet image, that could easily be a commercial shot, you should try and get it sold, would make a great image for a full page advert for .... something. Fantastic job

Lovely lighting on Topical.
Food is really clever and very well composed.

Topical - nice lighting, one of the more difficult elements to get right
Food - well composed, although my eye gets distracted by the broken part of the mirror frame on the left hand side

I like topical nicely lit with the light catching all the right bits

food as you say not an original idea but thats a great take on it, lovely tones in the wood and the bright green of the apple is a great contrast to it

two very nice still life images, both are top quality (I wish I could take pics like these!). Great job on both.

Back