Nostromo, up for it, Wk: 52 Decorate 52-2020

Two super shots -m very well set up and lit :)

Great shots Dominic, I'm liking the concept for the second one, very good execution.

Lovely couple of pictures there. The lighting for Topical is beautiful, and I can very much empathise with not wanting to take another Covid photo..!

That's a really interesting idea for food as well - nicely composed and well executed.

Two lovely shots Dominic. Great lighting on both and I really like the idea for the mirror pic. (y)

Hi Dom

Topical has great lighting and very clever take on food with the mirror image.

Pete

Two lovely images. Nicely composed and lit. These sort of shots keep tempting me to try some home studio work but then I might never get out and about.

All nice images - I particularly like the mono clippers. Nicely shot and processed. Your digital age reminds me of a "PA" who I worked with - using a calculator to add up figures before putting the total in her Excel spreadsheet :LOL: :LOL:

Nice macro of the blades and a very clean well composed shot for digital

Hi Dominic

Activity - Nicely done. The front foot raised slightly give is motion :)
Artificial - Ah gotcha. Nicelt sharp eyes there.
Autumn - Perhaps a little dark? But again, nicely executed (y)
Wet - I really like this. Absolutely beautiful. Nothing to add to add to that!
Topical - Nicely low key and directional light. Window lit?
Food - haha, clever. Was that two photos with the reflection one merged in, or just the core composited into the original?
Sharp - Looks a vicious as the ones @minx uses on my head ! B&W suits it, I think I prefer #2
Digital - Good use of dutch. You evidently gave it a good clean, my touchpad could never look that dust free...

Fascinating to see the clippers close up. I thought they were iron filings before I clicked on your thread :)

Digital age - good idea to being these things together, nicely composed and all black! The splash of colours on the buttons works well. It reminds me of some of the images you see in newspapers sometimes when they want an illustration for finance or something.

Those clippers are great - fascinating. I love macro pictures like this which make you look twice or three times at what might otherwise be passed over.

And that's a lot of digital in that image - nicely done.

Sharp - I was thinking that that looks like a tough beard you've grown until seeing its horse hair.
I like your digital gadget composition.

Wk: 45,6,7 Snappers choice, Narrow, Paper

Snappers choice

Morning dew on Euphorbia's

untitled-226-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Narrow

It's a bit boring, but i felt a little uninspired about this theme, i suppose it's swings and roundabouts.
It's a narrow bench i made a couple of years ago out of a couple Oak sleepers.

untitled-233.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Paper

Acer griseum or more commonly known paperbark maple. Is it a shoehorn? i'll let you decide.

untitled-230.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

A good catch up Dominic they are all nicely processed particularly nice tones in the euphorbia
I don't think the paper bark maple is a shoehorn there is quite an old example in the grounds of the Cathedral were I work its quite an impressive tree.

Nice catch-up Dominic. I like the light and water drops on the Euphorbia.
Paper bark Maple is bang on theme for me.

I'm liking the Euphorbia's rather a lot Dom (y)

Acer griseum or more commonly known paperbark maple. Is it a shoehorn? i'll let you decide.
Of course its not, you must try harder :D

The tones and colours in your Euphorbias are absolutely lovely. Nicely composed as well - what's not to like?!

And passport is definitely not a shoe horn - again it's a cracker of a picture with lovely colours.

Good catch-up - like the colours and light coming through the paper bark.

First of all I don't like sepia, I understand what you were trying to do composition wise but the objects are things that don't really connect, for me anyway.
It's a lot better and brighter on flickr, I never understand why people on here can make any reasonable comment on a picture posted on this site.
As a photograph its well thought out composition wise and the lightings great when you click through (if people can be bothered I find they usually can't be)
as I say its just the selection of objects which I don't get.
I don't mean to be harsh as I do like what you've achieved :)

I'm with Allan - much better and brighter on Flickr (I've had the same problem with some of my darker images - bizarre problem!)

I like the overall effect, but the camera appears out of place as, despite being old, it's placed in a scene with significantly older objects.

The unbalanced composition works nicely though with a nice triangle, and like I said the overall effect is nice (I like the sepia btw!) but it doesn't quite work for me because of the subject.

Interesting take on "still life" Dom. (y)

I don't mind the sepia, but I agree with the others, it is a tad dark.

I like the processing but agree it is a bit on the dark side - and not sure if it's me or its a bit on the wonk?

Nicely festive :)

Nice festive arrangement maybe a bit to early there will be another festive themed theme along soon, there has been the last few years anyway :sleep:

Two nice abstracty things. No2 is the best by far for me ta :)

Back