Wild (not a baited bird) Little owl project action shots

No Jason I don't , what I do is follow the bird in my viewfinder single point focus its always the way I have done it for birds in flight and the walking shots ,I just follow the bird and do my best to lock on....

Simply wonderful images. I thought you may have used a focused spot so, for me, using single point focus and follow that bird is more impressive.

These could happily grace a coffee table books on owl.

Reactions: den
Another superb set Den (y)
Hopefully this weekend I'll get back out to our owls.

(I actually spotted a random little owl land on a lamppost as I came back from my unsuccessful Barn owl hunt).

@den

All superb shots. You've got some really different shots too which make them stand out. Thanks for sharing.

Worth it all for these shots, absolutely stunning animals. 1 of 1 8 is a cracker, but they all are. The one with the foot /leg lifted is almost comical, like hes a bad guy creeping about.

All show great camera craft as well as the field craft required to "get" the shot.

I also agree with Ray in post #46 about a book or at the very least a full magazine article.....perhaps the RSPB magazine???

All show great camera craft as well as the field craft required to "get" the shot.

I also agree with Ray in post #46 about a book or at the very least a full magazine article.....perhaps the RSPB magazine???
I have been contacted by a TV company about doing a small documentary about the three sites i have been observing over the years but due to them wanting to show all the surroundings i refused as it would show the North west of England were my owl spots are as the landmarks were just to easy to spot,yest they are all on private land were i had permission to film but i will not stop people wanting to go for a nosey and it would soon end up like a circus ,and i had my 15 mins of fame a lot of years ago...

I have been contacted by a TV company about doing a small documentary about the three sites i have been observing over the years but due to them wanting to show all the surroundings i refused as it would show the North west of England were my owl spots are as the landmarks were just to easy to spot,yest they are all on private land were i had permission to film but i will not stop people wanting to go for a nosey and it would soon end up like a circus ,and i had my 15 mins of fame a lot of years ago...

Ah! undoubtedly a mass of birdwatchers and togs going there would have a negative impact on the owls themselves. But a book or magazine article can be less geographically accurate so perhaps some options to make the owl better known as you have had your fame already ;)

No Jason I don't , what I do is follow the bird in my viewfinder single point focus its always the way I have done it for birds in flight and the walking shots ,I just follow the bird and do my best to lock on....

Fair play Denis, not easy, not easy at all.!

These are some absolutely wonderful Little Owl shots. But, maybe remove the, not baited, disclaimer from the thread picture 72 as I'm sure the mouse didn't commit suicide.

These are some absolutely wonderful Little Owl shots. But, maybe remove the, not baited, disclaimer from the thread picture 72 as I'm sure the mouse didn't commit suicide.
I don't think I need to do that ,all the photos on here apart from that one are from a non baited site ,nearly all members on here no the history of the my little owl sites ,so to remove the non baited for one shot at another site when I will be adding more action shots over the coming weeks in this thread seems a bit pointless

Back