Wild (not a baited bird) Little owl project action shots

Thank you everyone who as taken the time to view and comment up to now,hopefully with better light i can put in to practice what i have been doing at my other owl sites ,weather as stopped me getting getting shots but i can still practice and observe

You have taken some truly wonderful photo's there, the sharpness clarity and detail are superb. Really good work keep it up.

Trev

whatever, there were 10 shots of an already dead mouse after my initial response. Your pictures are wonderful but your title of non baited remains, untrue.

Why use the title un baited when they are not?
As said most know the ones without a mouse are unbated And the others are from another site, will be adding some more tonight just for your pleasure then I will be doing a July little owl not sure what project so who knows, and I done see why it bothers you so much, anyway just missed a shot replying to you, you only have a couple if days left before change to a new set in July

Why use the title un baited when they are not?
Because initially all the shots were unbaited action shots from another site I have, I usually with agreement from the mods have a monthly section were I post loads of little owl shots, and rather than open another long one with action shots with a mouse I thought I would stick them in here as we are getting to the end of the month ,I am transparent with how I get all my owl images and have documented it over the years on this forum so I am not trying to hide anything if you have a problem with baited images PM me with your views and we can discuss it their not on the thread .Thank you

Four posts from you and they are all about baited shots,seems i have my own personal troll, youre not Andrew are you from NPH by any chance

Wonderful shots. They really are but don't use the "non baited" title because they are.
Youre not reading my reply,ones with mouse baited and the ones without non baited,i started the action shots before the action baited shots so why start another long thread,maybe Julys will be a good mixture looking forward to your comments

I`m confused now.

Think i`ll leave this alone and go sort my badgers out.

I`m confused now.

Think i`ll leave this alone and go sort my badgers out.
He does seem to have laboured is point,if it was early June i would have edited title and put baited and un-baited buts its near the end so i will let it be for now ,i am not trying to hide anything here in fact this page will be on page 2 in a few days if i dont add any more and then it will be july and i will title accordingly ,now i would have edited the title if he was not such a arse about it...

Tonight was the transition time for the birds at the quarry site ,the female is now out of the nest and the male is now a little less active than normal, the owlet who is around 19/20 days is showing at the nest entrance ,I was hoping for more so with any luck their could be more in their but not had the time to hang on until dusk Little owl 29th June 2015 (1 of 1) by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

More superb pictures Den, keep them coming. Particularly like the 'Owl Stomp'

Dennis ……. your shots of Owls, (and other stuff), are just very good … and your knowledge of the species extensive

I think that you need to maybe re-think how you post, (present), them so that they get the consideration that they deserve ……. I cannot suggest anything ………….. but even though I look at them a few times a week I cannot think of anything new that I can say to contribute to your thread

Maybe others can suggest new ideas ……. as i said they should be appreciated and discussed a lot more than (I think), that they are …….. and they should contribute to the development of the forum in a greater way

Just a few thoughts from "The Windbag Sailor"

I hope that they help

Last edited:
To be honest Bill it doesn't bother me either way but in some way they do contribute as I do get a lot of PMs emails and texts about the owls from members ,some have been to visit, some I have met and visited there areas(even professional wildlife photographers) ,so quite a lot goes on behind the scenes that doesn't always get mentioned on here ,i am always open to suggestion's.

I have been contacted by a TV company about doing a small documentary about the three sites i have been observing over the years but due to them wanting to show all the surroundings i refused as it would show the North west of England were my owl spots are as the landmarks were just to easy to spot,yest they are all on private land were i had permission to film but i will not stop people wanting to go for a nosey and it would soon end up like a circus ,and i had my 15 mins of fame a lot of years ago...
Got to admire you for your thought for the birds not every one is of the same frame of mind as you and would jump at the chance well done Den

All I can say is don't stop posting them in here Den I really enjoy seeing them and even though there's nothing I can add or critique it doesn't stop me enjoying them not all posts should be critiqued in my opinion there is an option to ask for it when posting I believe so if it's just ok to post a thank you for posting or just hitting like to show I appreciate them hopefully that's enough

Brilliant stuff!!

Back