Not a boxing match,more of a tiff with the mad March Hares

Very nice indeed , you were fortunate to capture what is becoming an increasingly rare animal

Ahh John these are lovely keep going mate,too cool for me seeing another here adore bigears, Stay after the boxing mate,there is fall out with the kids:). It's so long chasing boxing so near but yet so far, ha ha jealous isn't the word:D,one day mate;)
Buddy some thoughts from me no expert but just thoughts after staring a while at 'em (the above) and after making a couple or three meself. If you can push that iso for shutter harder mate,you haven't said if it's cropped ,but if ff then I think there is motion blur,can't see well enough bro but think I'd have doubled the iso just for SS,their movements can be SOOO fast but I don't know your camera to know if that is possible,but from staing at too many techs I think you can push her harder and have a gnats sharper take some long tests chimp like hell.

I think you can probably pull back blues a bit,especially the last,i'm not calibrated mate,but fair to middling colour wise,I paint a bit I think you have a WB issue in the last bro,i'd like all this confirmed, by clever folks,i'm waffling to a guy chasing hares,sorry mate:D so nowt but thoughts kiddo but I'd have a look at WB via eyedropper first, somewhere neutral grey. see what that does if not then colour temp kelvin thingies:) It's too purple mate I really think it's WB,but don't trust me much.

John I shoot a 1Div canon I realise you were struglling for light especially the last,but I see this in my low light images,this blue purple thing. It's pushing it I know,but a hare in the rain is so cool.:)

Buddy if they ever come close and it's bright watch those hilights,those whites are bright close up they cost ya mate:(

Brill well done you:cool:

love to see more John I really would !!

stu

Hi Stuart, taken on-board all your comments,and yes you are right on all of them .I know i should have shot at a faster speed but in my defense ummmmm, nope can't come up with anything .Had a play with the WB on the last and yes it can be improved very simply .Anyway snow might arrive over the weekend, so will be out again trying to capture THE shot .Now just got to sort out a nice white outfit so i can creep up on those critters in the snow and find some way not to die of hypothermia ,it will be on your head stu as you have said "keep going mate love to see more John I really would !!".

Ha ha we gotta freeze for our art John it's a given:D Buddy ,i'm no expert learning myself just saw a kindred spirit and want the best for you. I'm farily happy with my ability with a hare FC and such things,but would always defer to more experienced folks with regards to techs etc,but we do spend alot of our time with hares leastways try to. So I'm starting to get a handle on what I should do in a given situation,but I still get it wrong..

Another little tip if one starts to approach , if you keep going like this,which is fantastic, it will happen !!! Preempt that with moving FP's upwards. It will help you to keep FP on the eye without cutting feet off. When they get really close, man they are hard,because framing gets critical and one find's oneself switching between portrait and land scape very quickly,as they sit up and one needs portrait then stretch/start feeding and it's back to landscape. I find this really challenging ,and miss chances getting caught the wrong way round,but it's a great skill to try and learn. I'm a bit rusty of late mate,I've written this last bit after looking at a recent outing where I didn't measure up. Mind I have now taken the frozen hand ,get out of jail card, out of the equation,so I have no excuses,for next time;)

All the luck :)

Back