Not a Brandon Marsh Kingfisher :)

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Teiffi Marsh in June, bit dull lightwise.

Kingfisher27.jpg

very nice pose ian ..

but sorry the focus looks slightly off to me .." the head looks soft ." well not soft but not as sharp as the back

still nice but standards man standards... (y)

md(y)

I agree with MD on this, im sure you had very little time to focus. But still a very nice shot.(y)

Enough kingfishers JT is'nt that an oxymoron :)

Great shot again Ian (y)

Oh ffs Ian, will you stop it!

I can't afford a 600mm at the mo and you're not helping :p

Seriously though, another stunning Kingfisher shot from the master, although I do agree, I think the focus is on his back rather than the eye. A difference of a few millimeters in reality and certainly not enough to ruin the shot. If I'd taken it I'd be doing cartwheels lol :D

In all seriousness...wear a lot of green or brown now winter is here (perhaps even set up a screen/hide)...and find a photogenic branch that is thoughtfully placed in a known kingfisher useage area... :)

Never believe where I was this weekend, the folks live just around the corner !
Was this from the first hide after the Buffalo? It was blowing a gale, saw absolutely nothing, but a few Teal !
Was hoping even my 300 would be enough from this first one, couple of nice branches to perch on.
The folks on their first visit saw two dipping and feeding for about 40 mins ! Since then nothing.

I'm not even commenting on the photo :)

In all seriousness...wear a lot of green or brown now winter is here (perhaps even set up a screen/hide)...and find a photogenic branch that is thoughtfully placed in a known kingfisher useage area... :)

Now that would be a challenge Phil, may I ask if you have ever photographed one succesfully using this method ?

Now that would be a challenge Phil, may I ask if you have ever photographed one succesfully using this method ?

JU7F0132.JPG

Almost....wrong lens on and not quite ready :D It's the only way I can do things in Manchester, there is only like 6 hides spread between 20 or so reserves...and 5 of them are at one alone!

Last edited:
Back