Not a Formula car in sight...FIA WEC Silverstone

NFI

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Been to Silverstone for the Formula 3 European Championship this weekend, I did also took a few shoots of the WEC although unfortunately didn't have time for portraits or the grid. It is a shame because it seem I can never get a shot of Patrick Dempsey...I did enjoyed the weekend despite Silverstone not being my favorite place for pictures...I took advantage of the may hours of track time to try some different shots, quite pleased with a few of them...anyway, here's the pics.

17131518461_e31740e28b_c.jpg

16509722004_ace5c7dce0_c.jpg

16944383138_fb76d445ed_c.jpg

17131516851_09c3947aee_c.jpg

5 - shame for the marshalls, trucks and few more other things :D

17131516421_93da64ca1f_c.jpg

17132150925_08b5aa27b3_c.jpg

Last edited:
Really like #2, colours of the car work very well with the blur of the barriers.

Loverly set of images from the weekend. My favourites are #2, because of the colours and the sense of speed.

Absolutely love these James! #2 and #12 are the stand outs from a superb set... I saw number #2 on Facebook Sunday morning and liked it so much It inspired me to attempt something similar

Thanks Jonathan, it took me a while to get that right but could well be my favorite shot of the year so far. I was lucky to get that right with one of the LMP1 cars :)

2 and 4 are super special for me

Great set, I absolutely the long exposure shots. I've tried and failed a hundred times to pull that off.

What were you shooting through in #12 ? I'm trying to work out where on track that is but it's got me completely stumped.

That would be through the grandstand between The loop and Aintree.

Really like #2, colours of the car work very well with the blur of the barriers.

Loverly set of images from the weekend. My favourites are #2, because of the colours and the sense of speed.

Thanks, really appreciated it :)

2,9 &12 for me, I spent all day trudging around that wind swept place yesterday and couldn't come up with anything near as good as that and they cars look so much more interesting than those F1 things :D.

Great set (y) no duffers to be seen :) #2 is my pick of a quality bunch,very well executed.
Clive

Fantastic set James, it's difficult to pick a favourite out of such a strong set. Although I am probably leaning towards:
3. With muted sky and lower exposure, you really get the feeling of the bad weather coming in
4. Nice simple composition, excellent use of the negative space

Back