Not a mountain in sight

2nd one.

With one I feel there's too much dead space at the bottom and it's just too dark a set of conditions to pull off so much field in the shot.

The 2nd has some nice light on the trees although i would prefer a brighter exposure just to make things easier to see. It just seems a tad dark

Blimey i thought i was the only one that had favorite trees, seems I'm not alone! My Doctors says if i keep taking the medication i should be cured by 2086
So this is the plateau on the summit right? you just cant see the fall away.
Both crackers i think No2 just edges it for me as i like the golden light hitting the "Lightening Tree"

yes No.2 for me as well. I can see where you were going with No.1, but in my view didn't work. No. 2 being the proof.

... though I do like the leading line to the tree in no1.

I'd have to plonk for no2, along with everyone else :)

Without seeing the comments I was going for 1 LOL, Great sky in 2 but even more for me in 1 so I'll stick to being the odd one out.

No2 is a cracker (y)

Two is the stronger composition for me. The same scene could work in astro too if you could get the milky way to the left of the tree.

I prefer No.2 although I wonder if you chopped off some of the l/h/s and make is a square composition. Love the light hitting the branches and the clouds.

2nd one.

With one I feel there's too much dead space at the bottom and it's just too dark a set of conditions to pull off so much field in the shot.

The 2nd has some nice light on the trees although i would prefer a brighter exposure just to make things easier to see. It just seems a tad dark

I think you're probably right, I think a few shots have been too heavy in the shadows - perhaps it is time to invest in some sort of calibration.

Blimey i thought i was the only one that had favorite trees, seems I'm not alone! My Doctors says if i keep taking the medication i should be cured by 2086
So this is the plateau on the summit right? you just cant see the fall away.
Both crackers i think No2 just edges it for me as i like the golden light hitting the "Lightening Tree"

Yeah, of course, this is the summit plateau, its a sheer drop just round the cornere!!
No, you're not alone, I have a number of "go to" favourite trees in locations all around. They don't answer back, and they're almost always happy to pose. What more could you ask for?
Cheers buddy!

yes No.2 for me as well. I can see where you were going with No.1, but in my view didn't work. No. 2 being the proof.

Cheers Roger. I went out with the idea of shooting 1, but I think I prefer the second one, which is the first one I shot, before the sky really started taking colour. Much appreciated!

... though I do like the leading line to the tree in no1.

I'd have to plonk for no2, along with everyone else :)

Thanks Ken, seems to be a general sway towards the second shot. I think I may lose a little from the top on that one though.

Without seeing the comments I was going for 1 LOL, Great sky in 2 but even more for me in 1 so I'll stick to being the odd one out.

Thanks buddy, always good to break convention!!

Love the sky

Thanks Peter, I knew it was clear over the west, so with a fairly heavy sky above, it figured that there was going to be a spot of colour about!

No2 is a cracker (y)

Thanks very much indeed Jak

Two is the stronger composition for me. The same scene could work in astro too if you could get the milky way to the left of the tree.

Thanks Mark. Absolutely no chance of the MW at this spot unfortunately, I've tried a star trail here before, but the light pollution from Darlington and Teesside even bleeds into a clear sky. The hunt for more trees continues!

I prefer No.2 although I wonder if you chopped off some of the l/h/s and make is a square composition. Love the light hitting the branches and the clouds.

Thanks Paul. I was worried about cropping into the copse of trees on the left, but I think some needs gone from the top of frame, I'll have a play about when I give the image a bit of an exposure lift in LR. Cheers

Back