Not been on for a while so heres some seaside pics!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Well, 2018 has been an eventful year so far and not in a good way! A couple months ago I had an accident playing football which resulted in a detached retina subsequently, I had to have an operation and a lot of time off work!
I'm still recovering but have been out and about with the camera for the past 3-4 weeks when I could, I have also processed some old shots which I haven't shared on here.

Prehistoric by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Twister by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

The Beggars Banquet by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Reinforced by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Blue by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Fragment by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Protection by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Last one is an ICM of Brixham Breakwater, single shot with the moon and lighthouse light added in PP using adjustment brushes!

Moonshine by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

I've also got a few woodland and snow shots I will add to another thread later.

I don't venture into this section a lot. Never to post and rarely to comment, but when I saw your name appear, I had to see what you posted. All amazing of course, but particularly that first one. Fabulous.

Not much to say but WOW!

:agree: Wonderful variety of coastal images - all top drawer!

Yes one word, Stunning.

Walter

I don't venture into this section a lot. Never to post and rarely to comment, but when I saw your name appear, I had to see what you posted. All amazing of course, but particularly that first one. Fabulous.

Thanks guys really appreciate the comments :)

A couple months ago I had an accident playing football which resulted in a detached retina subsequently, I had to have an operation and a lot of time off work!

Not nice, I had the same a couple of months ago (though not playing football!) and the eye is not a nice place for needles! :(
Glad you are making a good recovery ... and I love #4 :)

Not nice, I had the same a couple of months ago (though not playing football!) and the eye is not a nice place for needles! :(
Glad you are making a good recovery ... and I love #4 :)
No its not something I want to go through ever again! Many thanks for the comment and I hope you are recovering well.

Amazing, they are all brilliant. Each has their own set of values!
Cheers Tom :)

Was that soccer, Neil? Glad you're doing fine
and to see you're productive again! :cool:

Absolute fantastic photo each of them are stunning. My favourite for its portrayal of energy of nature in @reinforced' but I also love the peace and serenity of 'moonshine'

Was that soccer,
In Europe where the game was invented it is always called football, if you are posh you may call it Association Football. :)

In Europe where the game was invented it is always called football

Right… the football I know does not allow theatrical scenes like
the ones seen in the european version that kept me away from
it. I am more a hockey and north-americas football fan. :cool:

Stunning images, really beautiful :)

An absolutely stunning set for me,infact I cant actually pick a favourite as they all please me equally.....Cheers

Absolute fantastic photo each of them are stunning. My favourite for its portrayal of energy of nature in @reinforced' but I also love the peace and serenity of 'moonshine'

In Europe where the game was invented it is always called football, if you are posh you may call it Association Football. :)

Stunning images, really beautiful :)

fantastic set of images

Cool photos. Maybe the , temporary, loss of a retina slowed you down a bit and made you appreciate just how useful an eye is.

Lovely set of images Neil

An absolutely stunning set for me,infact I cant actually pick a favourite as they all please me equally.....Cheers

Many thanks for all the kind comments :)

As always, stunning work, 1,3 and 4 are the really outstanding ones here, with 3 being my favourite. Just awesome work Neil!

Not much to say on these mate apart from stunning, all of them!
Cheers chap :)

Fragment and re-inforced for me - both full of texture and interest. Beggars Banquent works well. The first works well but the bright spot overpowers it somewhat.
I like the Penmon shot but the low key look as you know isn't for me
Thanks Steve, the bright spot (sun behind clouds) helps to create the mood IMO. I would tend to agree if it was a patchy bright blown area on a more classic style, there are still tones in the whites and I'll always try and leave at least 5% of colour or black in my whites. Fragment and Prehistoric are probably my favourites from the set.

Great set. I particularly like the minimalism of #5.
Thank you :)

Really glad to see you back in the saddle Neil! I would imaging bit of a worrying time, glad your OK. As for the set what can I say..... No 3 is my overall pick, personally I like the light on the rock, the mixture of shadow and light feels like a perfect balance to me and I think the light on the rock and the highlighted lichen is just the icing on the cake.
No 1 has a real painterly feel about it as does 8. Fragment really stands out for me too. But its a cracking set!
Back with a vengeance (y)

Really glad to see you back in the saddle Neil! I would imaging bit of a worrying time, glad your OK. As for the set what can I say..... No 3 is my overall pick, personally I like the light on the rock, the mixture of shadow and light feels like a perfect balance to me and I think the light on the rock and the highlighted lichen is just the icing on the cake.
No 1 has a real painterly feel about it as does 8. Fragment really stands out for me too. But its a cracking set!
Back with a vengeance (y)
Cheers Steve, much appreciated :)

"detached retina" Oh God, that sounds really really gross :puke: ... I hope it gets better whatever it is.... and you've still managed to take some beautiful photos, I love them all Neil. :)

Haven't been on TP for ages and now I have taken early retirement finally have time to do some photography again. When I finally did look at the long list of new posts I remembered your name and thought it worth a look. Glad I did - all great images and I especially love the ICM one. Will be back in Brixham later this year and still intend moving there in the next couple of years.

Hope the eye continues to improve.

Oh wow, I'd be thrilled to have taken any of those.
Reinforced is one step beyond sublime.
Great perception and execution.

Back