Not great quality, but wild Golden Eagle (pic added) :)

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Golden_Eagle.jpg

Isle of Mull today :)

You did well spotting one in the wild Ian............(y)

If you thinks that is "not good", you should see the Marsh Harriers I got today.............:thumbsdown:

Very good Ian, very well spotted, and you are one lucky man, spent time on the mainland in Scotland looking for them this year with no joy, was planning a trip to Mull when up there next year, you have just made my mind up, I will be going. :clap: (y)

How easy are these and the sea eagles to spot?? I'm hankering for a visit in the next few weeks..but don't want it to be a wasted trip!!

Well done getting a shot :)

Been once to Mull for a long weekend, dipped on the White-tailed and Golden Eagles. How is it right now Ian as im fancying going back in a couple of weeks.

nice capture by the way.

regards Brian.

Thanks guys, this was a pure fluke, went for a ride down a road to where a stone circle is, looked up when i went round a corner and thought "blimey thats a big buzzard" lol

It settled for a while and i couldnt find it, then it moved again, and i managed to see where it landed :) superb :)

The Sea Eagles and Goldies are difficult to get, as there is no real telling where they will be at any time. Specially with the RSPB finishing at the hide on Friday ! I still havent got a decent Sea Eagle shot, they were about 2 miles away when i went to see them, saw 3 but nowhere near close enough to get pics !

The Sea Eagles and Goldies are difficult to get, as there is no real telling where they will be at any time. Specially with the RSPB finishing at the hide on Friday ! I still havent got a decent Sea Eagle shot, they were about 2 miles away when i went to see them, saw 3 but nowhere near close enough to get pics !

The availability isn't a problem then...just being in the right place I guess!!

yep apparently the top end of Loch Frisa is good for goldies and sea eagles. But thats 3rd party so not sure how accurate until i go look tomorrow ;)

So what youre say Ian is you are going to improve on these shots tomorrow.

Stu.

Pah! looks like a harris hawk from here
You sure it wasn't a "plant" :shrug:
isn't jealousy a nasty trait in some people! :LOL:
Well spotted Ian(y)

nice one Ian, good luck for tomorrow (y)

Here ya go, spot the Golden Eagle :)
Ah I see why it was sitting so still, it was watching the mouse just left of center :p

lol :) i have a shot where it looks like its looking straight at me ! and it was about a mile away lol

Thats pretty damned cool (y)
but I must admit I thought you were going to say
"Bloody muppet" as per usual :D

Glad you got some good shots Ian, and hope the weather keeps good.
Any curry shops in Mull??:exit:(y)

Back