Not in the same league as all who post here.

I enjoy these photos. :) I also enjoy taking photos of birds. Great job!

I'm thinking they are fairly large crops and looks like some heavy noise reduction on some of the feathers, (all conjecture on my part!) ... can be tough getting some of these types that love to hide ... the Snipe is a little lost behind some of the reed stalks, but you got him :)

Thanks gramps,no large crops very small to be honest.Dont know if its possible to post originals up on here ?.
Not altered pictures at all only a small crop and convert to jpeg,resized to post here also.

Last edited:
Thanks gramps,no large crops very small to be honest.Dont know if its possible to post originals up on here ?

Probably best to post by linking (BBCode) to where they are hosted, Flickr etc :)

Account sorted best format and size to upload in ?.Thanks.

Choose BBCode and longest edge 1024 :)

Beware of Brash though, it's Friday and the pubs are open!

Cheers gramps.
They are only words,harsh or otherwise and won't break me down into tears.I hope not anyway.

Better than my first attempt in this section i will let the long standing members of the section give the advice.

Mmmm - there are bad bits and not so bad bits and good bits

You need to post your settings … if you want technical coments

If they are only small crops - you are not using the correct lens or reach if it is a zoom ……. best to post the un-cropped image if you want composition coments

Unconstrained crops especially when there are a number all together …… can also confuse, (me)

Mmmm - there are bad bits and not so bad bits and good bits

You need to post your settings … if you want technical coments

If they are only small crops - you are not using the correct lens or reach if it is a zoom ……. best to post the un-cropped image if you want composition coments

Unconstrained crops especially when there are a number all together …… can also confuse, (me)
Will post up on flickr later,they were shot using 100-400L at 400mm 6.3 and auto ISO due to the changing weather conditions.Shot from a hide down an embankment to the waters edge about 30 ft away at a guess.

Click on the picture you want to post, click on the share arrow (bottom right), select the size you want and select BBCode, copy and past and your away.

First one is a Dunnock if that's what yer asking.

Back