Not quite seeing eye to eye.

Well spotted and damn well captured too Roger (y)

I love moorhens and coots (well, someone has to........). Such feisty little sods. I once saw four coots having a good scrap (well, three fought and the other watched............) but tucked away in a dark corner where I couldn't get decent shots.
Brilliant shot, Roger. Really well caught :)

Well spotted and damn well captured too Roger (y)
I love moorhens and coots (well, someone has to........). Such feisty little sods. I once saw four coots having a good scrap (well, three fought and the other watched............) but tucked away in a dark corner where I couldn't get decent shots.
Brilliant shot, Roger. Really well caught :)
Thanks Chris & Jan ... I think it's a misacle that they don't do more damage to each other :)

Simply superb, ticks all the boxes for me (y):clap:

Thanks for sharing it :D

Another superb action shot to add to your collection Roger.

Great capture,Roger. I just thought they swam around until, one day, I saw them 'in action'. They really are very aggressive birds. Weather won't be do good next week according to 'Ian on the roof'..Lol

Great capture,Roger. I just thought they swam around until, one day, I saw them 'in action'. They really are very aggressive birds. Weather won't be do good next week according to 'Ian on the roof'..Lol
Yes feisty birds John ... my weather app doesn't show much under 90% rain for next week! :(

Yes feisty birds John ... my weather app doesn't show much under 90% rain for next week! :(

Looks grim. We usually get very cold weather in February often thinking that because we didn't get it through January we've got away with it but with climate change maybe what we're getting tomorrow will be the future pattern.

Great shot, they always squabbling but it usually all over by time you lifted the lens, so you did well to capture them like this :)

Excellent capture!

Thanks Robin, how are things down Radipole way? :)

.... I haven't been for a long while. But I went to nearby Lodmoor at the end of January after getting back from Greece photographing Pelicans.

Word-on-the-reeds (as opposed to on-the-street) is that they are planning to dig up Lodmoor for cattle grazing and hence 'rejuvenate' the whole wetland so it, in theory?, regenerates itself. Interfering scientists, eh!? I simply don't know if they are wise to do this but I don't trust what mankind thinks is best for the natural world.

Others have seen and photographed your favourite Bearded Tits at both reserves.

You possibly already know but I have been shooting on Olympus flagship E-M1X Pro system since November. Have sold my much-loved Canon EF 500mm F/4L II and am now selling my 1DX-2 etc.

.... I haven't been for a long while. But I went to nearby Lodmoor at the end of January after getting back from Greece photographing Pelicans.

Word-on-the-reeds (as opposed to on-the-street) is that they are planning to dig up Lodmoor for cattle grazing and hence 'rejuvenate' the whole wetland so it, in theory?, regenerates itself. Interfering scientists, eh!? I simply don't know if they are wise to do this but I don't trust what mankind thinks is best for the natural world.

Others have seen and photographed your favourite Bearded Tits at both reserves.

You possibly already know but I have been shooting on Olympus flagship E-M1X Pro system since November. Have sold my much-loved Canon EF 500mm F/4L II and am now selling my 1DX-2 etc.
All change all round then Robin ... you are right about interference in the natural world, at best they sometimes make up for past mistakes.
You going to be posting any of your Pelican shots?

You going to be posting any of your Pelican shots?

.... I have already posted some in the Olympus thread and my Flickr Album of them (17 so far) is building and I was going to post here when more complete. I don't want to hijack your thread with any, even a link.

.... I have already posted some in the Olympus thread and my Flickr Album of them (17 so far) is building and I was going to post here when more complete. I don't want to hijack your thread with any, even a link.
Ok I'll patiently wait. ;)

Back