Not really sure- so ID would be nice :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Lovely little bird and nicely caught.

I photographed a Rock Pipit last summer in Cornwall so I knew it wasn't that and scrolled down keen to see what it is.

Lovely little bird and nicely caught.

I photographed a Rock Pipit last summer in Cornwall so I knew it wasn't that and scrolled down keen to see what it is.

Thank you John- I was unsure it being a Juvenile did not help in any way :)

Les

What’s the habitat? In deciduous woodland probably Redstart but it has the look of a stonechat also. But they’re coastal/heathland.

On South Stacks - Anglesey very rocky and close to the sea

Lovely pic Les.

I'd go juvenile Stonechat, looks like their kind of habitat too.

Thank you Dale :)

Looks like a chat of some sort to me , but really difficult to tell. Could it be a juv. whinchat?

Thank you Jeremy - so many ID's I'm still not 100%

Les :)

With out looking them up Les, I'd have said 1st is a Juv Whinchat and 2nd juv Stonechat, certainly would have said both are juv chats (y)

Two nice shots (y)

With out looking them up Les, I'd have said 1st is a Juv Whinchat and 2nd juv Stonechat, certainly would have said both are juv chats (y)

Two nice shots (y)

Thank you Phil, I wish I could brush up on these bird ID's :)

@Tom Pinchenzo - I must bow to your knowledge too :)

Thank you Both

Les

Les, after looking at these on me monitor instead of phone, I'm going to say they're both juv Stonechat but I'm not 100%, I'll try find out and let you know.

I wish I could brush up on these bird ID's

With over 550 species of birds recorded in the Uk, for us photographers, ID can be rock hard mate. I regularly struggle, wait until you start looking at ducks and waders in eclipse, they do me head in :LOL:

Les, after looking at these on me monitor instead of phone, I'm going to say they're both juv Stonechat but I'm not 100%, I'll try find out and let you know.

With over 550 species of birds recorded in the Uk, for us photographers, ID can be rock hard mate. I regularly struggle, wait until you start looking at ducks and waders in eclipse, they do me head in :LOL:

Ok, now I'm depressed Phil :)

I do have a Bird OD book and Merlin on my mobile- I find these juvenile birds all have a similar look mate- so I'll be back asking for ID real soon

I'm away in Staffordshire for 3 days commencing tomorrow

I'll keep you in the loop and thank you for all you help - it's appreciated, it really is :)

Les :)

Back